Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Drunken disagreement with the missus….
  • DT78
    Free Member

Is 8 cans of lager, 1 bottle of red wine, 1 bottle of port and a bottle of champagne enough drink for 2 on new years eve or should she go to asda in the morning and get me more????

iainc

you forgot the diet coke 😆

get me more

genghispod
    Free Member

No and yes. Make sure she gets up early so you don’t lose valuable drinking time.

trailmonkey

crikey, nowhere near enough.

get thee to an offy.

jools182
    Free Member

Get a bottle of vodka just to be on the safe side

falkirk-mark

What’s she drinking ? Surely that will just do you.

sharki
    Free Member

This is useless without a picture.

If she’s really ropey looking then all that may not be enough to get the beer goggles functioning to the right level.

This could also not count if you look like Slough and she needs to drink some anti ugly juice..

Taking the bulbs out always worked for me, failing that there always the pillows.

HTH

Suggsey
    Free Member

Sounds like some cans of Special Brew are needed. 🙄

takisawa2

No, & yes.

And tell her to get Anadin, & lots of it, for the next day.

DT78
    Free Member

lol Stw comedy gold. Think I’ll put a request in for a bottle of sambuka just to make sure 🙂

sharki
    Free Member

I’ll put in the wink now to not cause offence.
    😉

tankslapper
    Free Member

Buckfast?!

john_drummer
    Free Member

it depends.

1) what time are you planning on starting
    2) …finishing, and
    3) will you be pacing yourselves?

if you plan on starting at say 9pm & sharing the wine & port to start, then yes, it might be enough.
    but get some more just in case.

volume is about right if not the exact mix of lager/proper beer

FFS man, it’s not enough for one – what’s wrong with her?

Del

throw some mushrooms into the mix and you might just scrape through…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You probably have more than the reccomended weekly allowance for the pair of you in that list. So, yes it’s enough.

Swelper
    Free Member

So, thats 4 cans, 1/2 bottle wine, 1/2 bottle port and 1/2 bottle Champers per person.(good a maths me eh !)

So depending upon your drinking habits / tolerance level to alcohol do you think its enough ?

Personally i would err on the side of caution and and get some more cans in

No shame in not drinking it all in one night, but there is shame in running out and having nowhere to get more.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Kunstler

Come on, be serious. Ask us for single malt recommendations.

I had trouble deciding tonight so I flipped a coin. Bunnahabhain won. I might go back for the Jura Suoerstition tomorrow. Better safe than sory.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

+1 for a bottle of buckie

donsimon
    Free Member

Also get some little cards made up with various topics written down for things to talk about, little prompt cards, if you will. You never know if the ale runs out, the TV packs in or you sober up, you might just need to communicate with her. It’s good to be prepared. 😆

mogrim

Ditch the port, more beer and wine. Maybe a bottle of gin/tonic for later?

(Not that I’ve got anything against port, lovely drink, but you’ll end up drinking the entire bottle, and a port based hangover is an awesome experience… and not in a good way!)

Edit: the card idea is a pretty good one, too. I’d also create more as you go along, trying to decipher them tomorrow should give you something to do while you’re suffering…

duckman

10 lambies not on the list.Mair Buckie an’ aw.

naokfreek
    Free Member

How did it work out?…think i could of done the lot myself as it goes, but i’m a total case so hey!!

KT1973
    Free Member

duckman – Member
    10 lambies not on the list.Mair Buckie an’ aw.

Aye, an’ mibbee a couple o’ eccies and a gram of posh an’ aw to up the stakes a wee bit.

mogrim

10 lambies not on the list

It’s New Year FFS, 20 Bennys FTW!

ahwiles
    Free Member

a glass of port is a nice thing. half a bottle would be ghastly.

a glass of chilled champagne is nice. half a bottle would be ghastly.

i’m a sexist, so i will assume that the lager/wine will be shared on a you/her basis.

8 cans of lager should be enough to get you drunk, but you’ll get bored and full of fizz before you get there.

you need some variety. (try rum and coke with amaretto – i call it a ‘steaming weasel’)

(or cider and lime, with Rum: that’s called a Snafu)

is one bottle of red enough for your missus? – does she actually prefer white? will you be in trouble later when she realises that she doen’t like red, or lager or port?

or champagne…

and you’ve drunk all the lager?

naokfreek
    Free Member

I’ve got an empty bottle of brandy and 4 dead cans of coke to my right….i doubt it’s a good thing…but hey, i’m a light weight.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Drunken disagreement with the missus….’ is closed to new replies.