Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Drumlanrig – current conditions?
  • leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Is Drumlanrig a muddy hell at the moment?

Thinking about popping down tomorrow morning…

BoardinBob

Those roots. The recent rain.

You're a brave man.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Haha, fancy it?

I got me some Big Earls, so bravery is not a factor :o)

BoardinBob

How early a start?

I've got a comedy gig at the barras tonight but it shouldn't be a late night

Kit
    Free Member

OMG, WTF you asking on here for!?! Its a Scottish trail centre in Winter!! Just ride it you loser! Its only wet roots FFS.

😉

(piss take of a thread yesterday, hope you're well Lee!)

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Hmm leave at 8am, two rides of the red, back for lunch. Have committed myself to a weekend of DIY so have a busy day tomorrow and need to be back at a reasonable time.

Are you on the stage?

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Kit, I have a fear of dirty bikes at the moment; cantbearsedtocleanitafteritis…

Stu

Kit, I have a fear of dirty bikes at the moment; cantbearsedtocleanitafteritis…

Not the best place to go then really. 😕 My bike looked like this the last time I rode round there in the wet:

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

When it's muddy it's a nightmare (and damaging), but when it's damp it's actually quite good fun. However, there's a fine line between damp dirt and wet dirt… At least you can see how much travel you're getting.

organic355
    Free Member

LOL at Kit

How come I got slated yesterday for asking exactly the same thing?

Inconsistent bunch on here!! 🙄

grumm
    Free Member

Maybe because Drumlanrig is more like a natural trail with lots of roots and mud so it actually has some different conditions, unlike a hardpack gravelled trail centre like Glentress? 🙂

ChrisL

There's a decent bike wash at Drumlanrig so you don't have to take your bike home muddy if you don't want to…

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

oh yeah so there is, i forgot about that.

and also the best damn carrot cake this side of glentress.

(organic, don't listen to this lot. i once got slated for asking what tyres work best on a singlespeed 🙄 , go figure!)

BoardinBob

8am's probably a bit too early but if I wake up early and I'm up for I'll fire you a text. If I do I'll drive myself down as that means I can pop in and see the 'rents on the way home and kill two birds with one stone!

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Aye no problem bob, that makes sense. I know it's an early start but the only way I can fit everything in :o/

Have a Halloween party tomorrow night – Dr Evil is making a special appearance.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Drumlanrig – current conditions?’ is closed to new replies.