• This topic has 50 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Kuco.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • druidh
  • dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Don't think he's a racist and didn't see the thread but I think you may find that he was referring to people from this place near Aberdeen with a bit of word play.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigg,_Aberdeen

rOcKeTdOg

Kuco

He took the risk he paid the price.

allthepies
    Free Member

He knew exactly what he was doing.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

wordplay is a crime then, yeah?

Kuco

It is on here.

user-removed
    Free Member

I'd have very little problem with one of my mates using THAT WORD down the pub, in the context used by druidh – just a daft wee comment. But doing it on a public forum? Not surprised he's gone….

uplink
    Free Member

He'll probably only be in the cooler for a few days – lesson learned I dare say

FREE THE ONION!!!

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

So you don't mind the word being used in public but not on the internet?

user-removed
    Free Member

That is correct.

rOcKeTdOg

according to TJ (just read the other thread) he's admitted it was him, no account hacked, so no defence really, i'm shocked though, apart from his slagging of charity bike races in the summer i thought he was an ok guy, maybe it was a joke gone wrong?

So you don't mind the word being used in public but not on the internet?

doesn't matter what anyone thinks on here except for Mark and he said there were no complaints, Mark pays the bill and bans who he wants, end of story

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

druidh wrote

I thought some local might know when the Cromarty to Nigg ferry ran. I might incorporate it into a JoG ride.

wordplay gone wrong. 🙁

user removed – I know quite a few black guys who would disagree with you.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

And RD,

I appreciate that, just wouldn't want a mate to be labelled racist when the truth is that he was just a bit gormless.

rOcKeTdOg

anyway dangerous i thought you were against this sort of thing?
    dangerousbeans – Member
    I object strongly to the use of the word 'moron' or 'moronic' as used by a mod in another thread (also other derogatory terms involving people with learning disabilities – the few who know me will know why).

As it actually denoted a category of learning disability and was widely used as a categorisation for eugenics I feel it is unacceptable to be used to deride or describe others.

Those using it in such a fashion are being derogatory to those with learning disabilities, and making their condition an insult towards others

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Gormless is not the same as moronic. Moron has / had a specific meaning in medicalese / eugenics whereas gormless does not.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

I am.

Gorm is from old Norse meaning sense – thus lacking in sense.

I often refer to people as Gormfull.

tails
    Free Member

From dangerousbeans link the mods have got it wrong as you can't be banned if the area is named that, although obviously the mods are not going to know every place name.

If I referred to the rather better known river niger in the west of Africa should I be banned.

Garry_Lager

Surely a temporary ban. Didn't see the thread but Druidh adds to the forum and comes across as a steady lad. A (badly) misjudged joke isn't the end of the world.

user-removed
    Free Member

user removed – I know quite a few black guys who would disagree with you.

OK I admit it. I'm a dangerous racist (despite being a quarter Singaporian).

bombadillo
    Free Member

what i would like to know is which one of the moderators decides on bannings and whether or not a post which is a obvious joke is racist.
    can someone enlighten me on this please.

Kuco

Isn't that pronounced Niy-Jer?

trailmonkey

Can you use it on a public forum if you are black yourself ?

Kuco

That's what annoys me is when blacks use this word in their songs or call each other it than get the arse ache when a white person says it. I don't use it as imo it is a derogatory word, even Samuel L Jackson in an interview even said something similar.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

OK I admit it. I'm a dangerous racist

Lucky I outed you then 🙂

theboatman
    Free Member

I would have just google'd cromarty ferry, I think it was a fair pull by the mods. I'm not really sure it's about deciding if druidh is or isn't racist, the thread needed to go. Regardless of context, it wasn't the best way to title the thread, I don't think there will be much lost sleep about it.

firestarter
    Free Member

oniongate 🙂

dmiller
    Free Member

Druidh adds to the forum and comes across as a steady lad. A (badly) misjudged joke isn't the end of the world.

Yeah – one daft joke to far – I dont think it makes him a bad person.

That's what annoys me is when blacks use this word in their songs or call each other it than get the arse ache when a white person says it.

I would describe myself as a fat ****. I would be unhappy if someone else called me one (even if they are right). I think its similar…

FoxyChick
    Free Member

druidh has a great sense of humour(more than can be said about some on here) and knew exactly what he was doing.
    There is no way on this earth he is a racist, and anyone who thinks he is needs to take a serious look at themselves.

AND it's hardly a great hardship to be banned from this place for a few days.

He took the risk he paid the price.

Yep, he lives on the edge!! 😉
    What a load of bollox!!!

Kuco

Why is it bollox he knew what he was doing.

dmiller
    Free Member

What tyres for living on the edge FoxyChick? 😆

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Hands up all those people who have never said something in jest, then decided it may have been better not to.

Oh, just me then.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Much rather have Druidh back than that knob who banged on and on about any old shite that came into his benighted mind.

What was his name?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

*puts hand up*

I got banned for a far more offesive joke ( posted when drunk)

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

dangerousbeans i think.

wwaswas

he had the opportunity to change it when he saw the initial reaction and chose not to.

it was done to provoke a reaction and it has acheived it's aim.

If nothing else, fropm Marks perspective google and other search engines tend to get a bit funny about sites with that kind of term in their pages – the whole site can get classed as unsafe.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I got a ban for evading the swear filter in a thread title after a particularly torturous football game. Drunk and disorderly…

uplink
    Free Member

If nothing else, fropm Marks perspective google and other search engines tend to get a bit funny about sites with that kind of term in their pages – the whole site can get classed as unsafe.

I don't think that's the issue here
    If you search for that word here it gets quite a few hits

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yep bring back Druid! I didn't see the thread but he's never struck me as the racist type.

soobalias
    Free Member

free da onion.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘druidh’ is closed to new replies.