• This topic has 173 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by sbob.
Viewing 14 posts - 161 through 174 (of 174 total)
  • Drugs!
  • Marin
    Free Member

The trouble with weed being illegal is that now I’m over 40 and look sensible I find it virtually impossible to get hold of. I do like a nice fatty on a Friday before I watch a film or kip in the van. If this makes me evil then so be it.

oldboy
    Free Member

My GF has gone back to smoking weed to help her through the final year of her university design degree, or so she tells me! I have to say that I’ve definitely notice a difference in her general attitude to life, as well as obvious signs (to me, at least) of mild paranoia in the mornings.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    whatnobeer
    Free Member

Your point, caller?

chewkw
    Free Member

whatnobeer – Member

Your point, caller?

Guns should be legalised if drugs are to be legalised. Simple.

Say whatever you want regarding guns but guns never kill.

🙄

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Guns should be legalised if drugs are to be legalised. Simple.

Yeah, you tried that one before. Didn’t work very well. If pure, legal heroin was available to those users in that article I suspect many of them wouldn’t be in the situation they’re in. And just because something is legal doesn’t mean that its consumption is encouraged or condoned.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Dear Oldboy –

Tell her to make some edibles – much less crashy. Best eaten in moderation on an empty stomach an hour before dinner.

Signed

A final year Design student.

EDIT

Shit – where’s the tupperware?

chewkw
    Free Member

whatnobeer – Member

Yeah, you tried that one before. Didn’t work very well. If pure, legal heroin was available to those users in that article I suspect many of them wouldn’t be in the situation they’re in. And just because something is legal doesn’t mean that its consumption is encouraged or condoned.

Yes, I know it did not work well when guns are mentioned.
    People are simply too afraid of guns because of the assumption that we will start killing each other en masse. Guns are protection as they keep everyone at bay, I mean it is the equalizer. e.g. others have to think twice before they do the nasty to you.

The assumption that pure heroin is less harmful is just an assumption. If a person is an addict then s/he is an addict regardless of the purity of the drugs. S/he will not be able to function with out a fix and will be totally under its influence. Addiction first the rest of the family second. There bound to be families that got worst because of legalisation.

Also the fact that some people who try to “get away” from life problems will seek comfort in drugs (not all as some use other means) and if they are poor then the problem will escalate.

sbob
    Free Member

chewkw: would you start taking drugs if they were legal?

Edukator
    Free Member

I do however enjoy munching pharmaceuticals like smarties, especially benzodiazepine tranquilizers.. Do we have any opinions on this behaviour?

Not an opinion, an observation, the worries you talk about on here match some of the listed side effects.

Positive and negative effects have to be considered with prescription meds as well as illegal ones. Only the user and the people (s)he’s with can decide if the net result of using the drug is positive or negative for the them, and society has to decide if the increased accident rate and lost work days can be tolerated with some. I enjoy a couple of glasses of wine but rarely drink more as I don’t like groggy days.

jambourgie
    Free Member

I’m confused.. I haven’t really taken any illegal drugs for years and years now, bar the occasional drunken line at a festival or a sneaky toke on a spliff at a gig.. I certainly haven’t bought any drugs in over a decade..

I do however enjoy munching pharmaceuticals like smarties, especially benzodiazepine tranquilizers.. Do we have any opinions on this behaviour?

It’s simple; if you are prescribed them by your doctor, then you are clearly a good honest taxpayer/consumer. If you didn’t, you’re nothing but an evil criminal junky scumbag.

😉

On a serious note, be careful with benzo’s. If you get addicted to them the withdrawals can be horrific.

oldboy
    Free Member

Tell her to make some edibles – much less crashy. Best eaten in moderation on an empty stomach an hour before dinner

Thanks, gofasterstripes, my GF smiled when I showed her your post. I did make her promise that she wouldn’t mix any of it in my food, though – I have enough problems without that! 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

sbob – Member

chewkw: would you start taking drugs if they were legal?

No. That does not mean everyone thinks like me.

For example, if pubs were to rely on me as customer they will go bankrupt rather quickly as I only drink one small bottle every few months. On the other hand, drinking and drug (whatever they are using) cultures are rather prominent amongst the youth here so the possibility of getting addicted is high. Would you let your children get addicted to alcohol let alone class A stuff?

I do agree that it is individual choice but then if you were to legalise drugs then there are many things that should be legalised too. Where do you draw the line? 🙄

sbob
    Free Member

if you were to legalise drugs then there are many things that should be legalised too.

Why?
    Because it weakens your extremely poor argument if you can’t use reductio ad absurdum?

No. That does not mean everyone thinks like me.

True, but you have a sample of one and still choose to ignore the outcome.

Most people try drugs a few times and then jack them in.
    Legality of a substance has no bearing on that whatsoever.
    It does have a bearing on the wider picture; encouraging criminality et cetera.

Viewing 14 posts - 161 through 174 (of 174 total)

The topic ‘Drugs!’ is closed to new replies.