Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Drug dealing round your home
  • milky1980
    Free Member

Anyone had to deal with this?

Was cleaning the bike after a ride outside when I saw a car that has been around a lot recently pull up in the street. Female occupant with kids in the back as usual. A guy then comes out of one of the residences nearby and goes over all friendly etc, female driver then shakes his hand through the window. Nothing odd there. Except it was obvious that she had just handed him a few notes. He then goes to see the kids in the back for a few seconds then goes back to the driver and discreetly hands her a small clingfilm wrap the walks back into his residence. The driver didn’t say anything or even smile, just started at her phone the whole time then drove off.

Obviously a drug deal. Was so obvious it was unreal!

If other people want to experiment etc then that’s up to them but dealing in broad daylight right in front of me is not on. Now normally I’d report it to the police but it would be very obvious that it was me who did it and I don’t want to attract trouble to myself, especially as it’s obvious I have bikes on the premises etc. So what do I do? just ignore it?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Write to the Daily Mail?

theotherjonv

why would it be obvious it was you? The police don’t have to act on it immediately, may be just another tip-off.

And in any case – if you don’t want it to happen then take action, and if you aren’t going to do that yourself then you need the police involved. If you aren’t bothered – then don’t bother.

Sometimes citizenship requires that you have to do things that aren’t easy or comfortable, whether it’s standing up to a racist on a bus or giving evidence in court despite having been ‘threatened’ by the defendant’s mates previously. Your call.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Your last question is good advice.

MoreCashThanDash

Interrupted a deal taking place outside our Scout hut a couple of months ago. Pretty obvious what the (very distinctive) van and pedestrian had met to do.

I sent an email to the local community policing team telling them what I’d seen. I suspect round here they will already know who is dealing anyway, but they may decide to keep an eye out for that vehicle a bit more.

I’m happy I did the right thing. Consenting adults in private is fine, but not outside my Scout hut, thank you.

samunkim
    Free Member

Wow. Why not get Julian to sic Timothy on them whilst Georgina goes to get the ginger beer.

Happening all the time round here.

allthepies
    Free Member

Northern hell hole ?

rone

Ring the lame 101 number. Better than nothing. No one will know anything.

jekkyl

What drug do you reckon it was? Do you have lots of people calling at the address?

alanl
    Free Member

The bloke 2 doors up from me was a small time dealer on occasion. I reported him to the Police, as he had sold to a 15yo Son of my mate. They werent interested – ‘no evidence, hearsay, no report from the buyers Dad etc’, then they said cannabis dealers are not their top priority at the moment.
    I’ve lost faith/respect in the Police in the last 5 years, for that example, and also not following up my burglary, where I had a good idea who had done it, yet they woudlnt go round the house, even though the scrote was on parole.

milky1980
    Free Member

Cannabis by the looks of it, dark and organic. Not up on what’s currently available (Uni was a looong time ago..).

MoreCash – that’s my feeling too, keep it out of plain sight and it’s none of my business but doing it right in front of me is not on. Will look into the Community policing Team option, might use one of my odd email addresses too 😛

pigyn
    Free Member

Perhaps start campaigning for legalisation so they don’t have to buy like that?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Go buy some, smoke it and chill out?

MoreCashThanDash

Perhaps start campaigning for legalisation so they don’t have to buy like that?

I’m all for that. But in the meantime

citizenship requires that you have to do things that aren’t easy or comfortable,

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

I saw one going on a few weeks ago car pulls up lad on bike gets drugs etc, I was up on scaffolding and they didn’t see me, I rang the 101 number I even told them it would of been caught on a neighbour’s cctv. Not heard anything back though I suspect the police can’t be bothered. Ring it in, it becomes a statistic which they eventually have to deal with.

ryan91
    Free Member

If they were causing trouble, getting the towns finest scutters on your doorstep causing trouble then reporting it would be a good idea. However this sounds reasonably discreet (because randomly driving to an obscure car park at 11PM is normal behaviour ?) and you mention no problem with the neighbour so I’d just let it lie.

Put it this way, where I’m from you’d be thankful the whole so-solid-crew weren’t rocking up and sitting on his front garden passing a spliff around. Then robbing your bikes to pay for it.

binners

Well it looks like that’s 50% of your Saturday night sorted.

You just need the hookers now

RichPenny
    Free Member

Smoke and hookers doesn’t really have the same ring too it though, unless your idea of a good time is a conversation about existentialism followed by 8 chocolate bars.

teethgrinder

Depends where you put the chocolate bars. Fairly sure there a joke about Kit-Kats and four fingers that could work here.

CheesybeanZ

not outside my Scout hut  

Your Bear Grylls and I claim my £5.00 .

edhornby

You need both something useful to give the police like addresses and reg plates. If they are growing on an industrial scale them they will probably be tracking and building evidence to take everyone out of the dealing chain but if it’s a home grower then probably not. Either way they don’t discuss prosecution. But not bothering is the wrong answer IMO

Wookster

The way I see it you can go one of two ways….

Or…

slowoldman

Northern hell hole ?

Do they not do drugs down south?

Northwind

Not my home but part of my brother’s pre-viewing checklist was “ask the drug dealers downstairs to be a bit subtle”. TBH they’ve never been much bother, funnily enough they don’t like attention- some punter left their works in the stair but he was, er, disciplined.

teasel
    Free Member

Not up on what’s currently available (Uni was a looong time ago..

Did you cane a bit at “uni”, then…?

MoreCashThanDash

Your Bear Grylls and I claim my £5.00 .

Hand that fiver back. I’m more popular.

milky1980
    Free Member

No caning (or any use at all actually!) but it was about so you gain knowledge anyway!
    The reluctance to report is due to events where I grew up. Had 3 local dealers in a rural area that got involved in a bit of a turf war. No’s 1 and 2 decided to burn each other’s digs down one night (the same night by coincidence) and it left no 3 bricking it! Lots of threats against locals were made so I tend to stay out of such stuff unless it’s directly affecting me now. Dealing right in front of me crosses that line, especially when there’s kids around the immediate vicinity.

Have emailed the local Community Policing Team with details of car and people, may or may not help but at least I’ve done my bit.

teasel
    Free Member

I’ve done my bit.

Indeed. You be sure to wink and finger shoot yourself when you next pass a mirror, eh…

allan23
    Free Member

West Yorkshire plod don’t give a stuff, they’ve been given CCTV with car and people clearly identified.

So far nowt, guess there’s time. Personally I’m not bothered about most recreational substances but they have their place. These kids are getting in cars and driving. Bad enough the golfwankers going down the 19th hole and driving home after a pint too many. Having a bunch of stoned teenagers driving in a Corsa that looks like an accident in the Halfords modding department is not what I fancy having to dodge on local roads.

Dealing to kids is a problem. Hope it comes out well.

Xylene
    Free Member

Call the 101 and report that you think you saw a man with a gun going into the house shouting angrily.

Watch with a few beers on your doorstep report back here.

bigrich

low level dealing is not an issue the police care about.

singletrackmind

My mate lives in a block of 4 flats. He owns his the others are housing assosciation. Dealers moved in , comings and goings at all times day and night. Violence and abusive behaviour directed at existing tennants and locals.
    Mate finds class a drugs in the car park, informs local plod. Nothing happens , he only works part time so has time on his hands . Makes own record of reg numbers , has screen shots etc. Local plod still did nothing.

Had to go to county level to get things done , but was part of a bigger bust as the family had a trawler business as well. Local plod is no longer on the force.

philxx1975
    Free Member

Surely the standard STW advice of nipping round and having a polite word is the way to do it, no?

Toddboy
    Free Member

What does

‘I don’t want to attract trouble to myself, especially as it’s obvious I have bikes on the premises’

got to do with drug dealing? 🙄

PrinceJohn

Maybe drop the people in the car a link to an educational podcast?

simmy
    Free Member

Standard stuff round here unfortunately 🙁

Gone really downhill where I live and it’s obvious what they are upto.

hora
    Free Member

Report it with the reg.

As for ‘ignore it’ crowd. No.

allan23
    Free Member

What does

‘I don’t want to attract trouble to myself, especially as it’s obvious I have bikes on the premises’

got to do with drug dealing?

Never lived anywhere rough? I would suspect it’s a worry that what happened to my neighbour when I lived in a Leeds Tower Block, he’d complained to the kids hanging about on the stairs and ended up with his door kicked in, flat trashed, including some bodily fluids and solids modern art work in the living room.

Some people are unpleasant and willing to actually do things rather thank post comedy pictures on bike forums about hoofing in the slats or something 🙂

Mister-P
    Free Member

You know there is a market and that the police are not interested so get into the business yourself. Make a few quids.

Cougar

No’s 1 and 2 decided to burn each other’s digs

Completely misread that, thought it was an RSPCA issue for a moment.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Drug dealing round your home’ is closed to new replies.