• This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by IHN.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Dropping Zwift for Wahoo SYTM
  • grantyboy
    Free Member

I don’t race on Zwift and mainly use the workout or pace partners when I can’t decide what workout to do. I’m thinking SYSTM might be a better fit for me, given its been out for a few months now how are folk finding it.
    Cheers!

cashback

I have both. But really should stop paying for zwift. I find system much better training and gets me much fitter than bumbling around on zwift, and I only occasionally used zwift when I wanted to do an easy ride. However since sufferfest changed to SYSTM there is much more of those sort of rides, basically watching a film (like brendogs A dog life) while the turbo runs an easy ride.

If it helps, you can pause your zwift payments for 3 months at a time while you try something else with out losing your zwift progress.

IHN

If it helps, you can pause your zwift payments for 3 months at a time while you try something else with out losing your zwift progress.

Is the three month thing new? I paused it for about 6 months over the summer last year and didn’t lose anything, and I’m doing the same at the moment

cashback

I just checked and you can presently pause your membership for 8 weeks at a time, but there is no restriction on how many times you can do that, you just have to remember to log in and do it.

grantyboy
    Free Member

cheers @cashback, that is pretty much what I was thinking as well

IHN

The Wahoo pricing only seems to be in dollars, is that right (I get that it comes out about the same as Zwift when you convert it to £s)

I think I’ll go that route when the nights draw in again. Or possibly sooner given the other yoga/workout stuff that’s on there. Anyone have any experience of using that, any good?

cashback

I have done all the yoga ones, as you get a badge and I am a sucker for a badge.
    They are quite good, it is the same person who used to post workouts to Pinkbike (Abby I think).
    They are good as they are only 15-20mins so easy to fit in and there if you don’t really know what to do.
    This reminds me that I should be doing them more.
    I haven’t done the strength ones but Two of my mates have, it is all bodyweight workouts I think.

cashback

Also, wahoo has just bought another platform called RGT which you get for free. This is much more like zwift, or at least when it first started. I have done one ride but it clearly needs a lot more work but they must have some sort of plans for that as well

IHN

That’s good to know, thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.