Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Dropping to a 4 day week
  • rocketman
    Free Member

My application to do 4 days a week has gone through, and the missus has got a 3.5 day per week job, so we’re both happy

*high five*

hello three day weekends

dirtyrider
    Free Member

3 days a week here, but 14 hour shifts , 4 days a week off makes it worth it, no structure to the shift pattern either do can end up with 5.6.7 days off regularly without using annual leave

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I am still working on my 3 day plan… it is looking reasonably hopeful! It won’t be 3 days all the time, but if I can get there most weeks I will be delighted!

GrahamS

My application to do 4 days a week has gone through,

Nice one – report back but I bet you won’t regret it!

They have 23 days to reply – under their own guidelines – at which point I might see if they take more notice of their Grievance procedures.

The government guidance says they must make “a decision within 3 months – or longer if agreed with the employee” – so if they are dragging their heels then be careful what they get you to agree to.

jam-bo

the problem is, once you get used to a 4 day week, a 3 day week is looking increasingly tempting…

MoreCashThanDash

Grahams – well aware of the government guidance. Not sure my civil service employer is though…..

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I think 4 will work. It, unfortunately doesn’t mean a 3 day weekend for me as I work shifts and weekends are good money. Wife is doing Mon to Thurs morning, I do Thurs PM and whatever shifts I’m rostered on (earlies / lates). I could do 3 shifts if I did nights but they really don’t work for me as a diabetic. More time with kids though and me and the missus get plenty of family time, especially when I do an early / late. Can also finish at 130 or start at 3 if I need to as every fortnight I get 2 hours added to my ADO’s (accrued days off) which is fantastic. Just had 3 months paid paternity leave. Long service leave in a couple of years too. 🙂 Could always pick up an OT and do a double on a Sat or Sun which again, is fab money. We’re happy.

GrahamS

Grahams – well aware of the government guidance. Not sure my civil service employer is though…..

This doesn’t surprise me – good luck!

Moses

I asked for a 3 day week, during a review last week. My manager tells me it shows lack of commitment, there’s no was I can be accommodated, so basically I’m waiting to be edged out of the job. I hope to last until January 🙂

GrahamS

Sounds like a good case to take to a tribunal Moses.

daleftw
    Free Member

I’ve just dropped to a 2 day working week. 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Dropping to a 4 day week’ is closed to new replies.