Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dropper wouldn’t stay extended after increasing saddle height
  • jjprestidge
    Free Member

So… BrandX Ascend, raised the saddle height by an inch or so, dropper would extend but wouldn’t stay locked in place. Lowered it back and it’s OK. What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,

JP

jam-bo

Not feeding enough cable/outer into the frame.

jjprestidge
    Free Member

So I need to feed the cable in when raising the saddle? For some reason thought it would be the opposite.

Cheers,

JP

eskay

Jam Bo is correct, had this the other day!

dannyh
    Free Member

Is it very cold where you are and is it a stealth version?

The reason I ask is that all brand x droppers, but particularly the stealth ones are prone to have the lever at the post end freeze/seize up.

Our group night ride on Wednesday involved three frozen up brand x droppers!

The stealth one seems to attract any moisture in the frame onto its lever at the base of the post. It then freezes and you can activate the lever as normal, but it won’t spring back, so the post just becomes a suspension post.

If it is on the brink of freezing/seizing sitting down on the seat can just knock the lever enough to fix it again – hence you can get the post to stay down, but not stay up.

The Brand X posts are brilliant, but they do need keeping clean, well lubed and adjusted to be totally dependable in the winter.

dannyh
    Free Member

Sorry – just read the OP properly! The other two posters are correct. Just loosen whatever cable clamps and feed a bit more cable into the frame, sorry!

Keeping it clean and well lubed isn’t a bad thing, though….!

jjprestidge
    Free Member

Thanks all.

JP

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Dropper wouldn’t stay extended after increasing saddle height’ is closed to new replies.