Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Dropper recommendation question.
  • adamthekiwi
    Free Member

Since I cannot convert my Fox Transfer external post, I’d like to consider getting an internal one. I can get a secondhand Reverb B1 150mm fairly cheaply and I’d probably pair that with the Wolftooth Sustain and Remote lever; or I can get a BrandX from Wiggle (170mm) for about the same price (would use the Wolftooth ReMote).

Which would you go for? Is there another obvious choice?

Poopscoop

The only 2 droppers to buy these days are the Brand X or the OneUp. Imo and many others too.

That’s pretty much it really.

The OneUp might be a slightly shorter shaft length so is better if you have a limited amount of insertion in the seat post.

The remote with the brand X is perfectly ok btw. Or pair it with a Bonty/ ZTTO one from eBay.👍

hols2
    Free Member

The Reverbs work really well until they don’t. I’ve had the amazing vanishing circlip issue two weeks out of warranty. Replaced with Brand X instead of throwing money at it trying to fix it. Been faultless, cheap enough to replace when it fails.

transition1
    Free Member

My reverb has been great since did the wolftooth sustain conversion. If you already have a wolftooth lever can just get the cable for the conversion. I also have a brand X on other bike with wolftooth lever which is also faultless.

plus-one

Brand x

nickfrog
    Free Member

Brand X or Oneup. Don’t bother with the Reverb. I understand some are reliable with maintenance but why take the risk?

kennyp
    Free Member

I’ve had Reverbs for years with no issues. I should also add though that I’ve rarely used any other dropper post so don’t have much to benchmark them against.

timbog160

Reverb – everything else is poor by comparison…

Yak

Get another fox transfer. I have a brand x too, but it is slower, has a quieter top out and has more rotational play. It’s still fine, but not as good.

jedi

Oneup all day long.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Reverb – everything else is poor by comparison…

Hmmm, not so sure. I’ve had a few reverbs, they were great, lev Integra was great too, and I’m very impressed thus far with the one up, grea finally having a big drop!.

markhammill
    Free Member

just got a bike yoke after reverb shat the bed seems good so far and the revive function is a good idea

jamesoz

In my opinion, anything rebuildable if you’re a hands on kind of rider. Reverb, higher end KS etc.
    Means some time/orings can get it sorted rather than more landfill.

If you’re the sort of rider who uses others for servicing, then a cartridge based dropper makes more sense. Brand X etc. Just make sure you can get the cartridge easily.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Somebody linked brand x clones on ebay without a lever here the other day, can’t find it?

control67
    Free Member

I’ve not tried anything else but I’m on my second reverb with no issues, the first (125mm drop non stealth) must be getting on for 4 years old now and still works with no servicing other than being bled a couple of times. The one on my main bike (170mm stealth with 1x remote) is about 18 months old and has only been bled on installation.

grannyjone
    Free Member

Brand X have been good so far. Been using them for 10 months, hardly any issues. My previous post, the Command Post, and the Reverb before that, cost 3X more, and were constant hassle and failures.
    £99 from Chain Reaction. 2 year warranty. So £50 a year minimum for having a dropper.
    Easy to service ( I think all you need to do is clean and re grease – that’s all I’ve done) and they are cable operated which is far easier to install/maintain than hydraulic.
    The only downside is that I can’t get the 150mm version to fit my frame, so have to stick with the 120mm.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I favour the notion that they all go faulty eventually so something easy to repair is top of my list.

I favour the Reverb and the Revive for this reason. The Revive has cheaper parts and better support though. The top bearing and collar subassembly on the Reverb is silly expensive.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Crank Bros Highline.

matt_outandabout

Brand X

Two years plus, a bit of grease now and again, some anodising has worn off, is got a tiny bit of play. Brilliant thing.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Dropper recommendation question.’ is closed to new replies.