Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Dropper posts for 27.2mm ?
  • jacob46
    Free Member

Don’t care how much just the best one?

cheers

mattjg
    Free Member

don’t know what’s ‘best’ buy my XFusion HiLo has been fine

wwaswas

I got a KS Lev out the classifieds which seems as good as the 31.6 one I have.

Tohmson have one on the way too.

jacob46
    Free Member

can I have some links please? thank you.

wwaswas

just google the names!

jacob46
    Free Member

roger wwaswas will do!

kimbers

gravity dropper is clunky and a bit ugly but has been more reliable than my KS

Northwind

Gravity Dropper seems expensive now for what you get but they’re still the most reliable and I think possibly the Turbo is still the lightest too. Just puts people off that they look like a dalek’s knob, is all. Mine is fairly worn out now but then it’s ancient.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/272-dropper-post-reccomendations-please

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/272-dropper-seatpost-options

are just 2 of the 100 results that putting “27.2 dropper” into the forum search tool throws up.

binners

X-Fusion Hi lo is great! And much cheapness at Wiggle

hora
    Free Member

Out of stock binners you tease!

chiefgrooveguru

Gravity Dropper seems expensive now for what you get but they’re still the most reliable and I think possibly the Turbo is still the lightest too.

+1

If I didn’t have Gravity Droppers on them my bikes would be far too pretty to throw down muddy hillsides…

goby

+1 for gravity dropper. Bit of tlc and never let me down.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

+1 Hi Lo, bought one for a Prophet with the same size post, and still using it shimmed in a Heckler. Similar to Crank Bros design, but has so far been more reliable.

I havent bothered with a boot, and it’s still pretty smooth.

ben10
    Free Member

Iv recently got a rsp plummet around £100 have to all seems good so far 27.2 and 350 long I think :-):-)

br
    Free Member

I got the X-Fusion one at Christmas, fitted it with the lever rather than the cable – works well.

vincienup
    Free Member

Cost no object: Thompson are launching around end of May, KS Lev is similar price but harder to source in the UK than most units.

I looked at the XF but hate the stalk remote – but some love it.

I’m waiting to see the Thompson then deciding.

Frankly, if I’m spending that much on a dropper, distribution/dealer backup will be a consideration in case of warranty although my mates’ experience of KS’s has been faultless.

superfli
    Free Member

My Hilo has just been through its 2nd winter. I havent touched it since buying it. Been faultless and still smooth. Have always run it without remote though.

rockhopperbike

darleks knob Gravity dropper here- seem good – 6months in a no bother

jacob46
    Free Member

vincienup – Member
    Cost no object: Thompson are launching around end of May, KS Lev is similar price but harder to source in the UK than most units.
    I looked at the XF but hate the stalk remote – but some love it.
    I’m waiting to see the Thompson then deciding.
    Frankly, if I’m spending that much on a dropper, distribution/dealer backup will be a consideration in case of warranty although my mates’ experience of KS’s has been faultless.

Same. Spotted it earlier and will wait for May. Looks nice and quality should come with it.

chrishc777
    Free Member

I ave a gravity dropper turbo, works great and being mechanical rather than hydraulic it’s easy to service or fix. when mine broke beyond repair gravity dropper fixed it and serviced it completely free of charge no questions asked… worth the money

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Dropper posts for 27.2mm ?’ is closed to new replies.