Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dropper posts changing how we ride… and new Fox 32 fork on the way
  • messiah
    Free Member

I agree with this comment from Mark Jordon at Fox

Asked about dropper posts, he said “I wouldn’t ride without them.” In fact Mark says experienced riders are now using their dropper post remote lever more than their front shifter. “We want the dropper post lever to take the place of the front shifter.” he said. “Most often used is the right shifter, then the dropper post lever, then maybe the front shifter,” he explains. This is indeed enlightening as equipment is changing and dropper posts are becoming more important.

Nicked from here which talks about a new Fox 32 fork for 2013/14

weeksy

What’s a front shifter ?

😉

FuzzyWuzzy

Kinda depends where you’re riding though, non-technical all-day rides I’m pretty sure I use my front shifter a lot more than the dropper remote…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I have one on the heckler, and after a weekend away riding that, when I jump back on the the soul, I really miss it, have to admit. I was planning on waiting for the Thomson 27.2 which is in the pipeline, but I may opt instead for one of those ice lift numbers.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I ride; a rigid singlespeed with no dropper, a 2×10 with no droper and a 1×10 with a dropper.

I’m confused.

andyl
    Free Member

but I prefer using my right hand for the dropper remote.

The way it’s all headed we just need electronic everything with simple wiring or even wireless. Just a couple of tiny buttons in the most ergonomic positions and small motors to to actuate everything: gears, dropper, lock outs. Keep brakes hydraulic. Stick a dynamo on one of the rotating bits to keep the battery charged and add things like GPS etc.

Jeffus
    Free Member

I use mine like I would the brakes or gears it just becomes a natural way of riding , its only when you go back to a standard post you realise how much you do use it, been riding one for 3 years now so its normal for me. 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Dropper posts changing how we ride… and new Fox 32 fork on the way’ is closed to new replies.