Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Dropper posts – again
  • Looks like I’m going to be riding a bit more this year and I want to replace the horrendous Command Post on my Spseh Kenevo

What’s good out there up to around £250, preferably 34.6 (but could shim) and min 150mm drop (maybe more – need to get the tape measure out. Cable operated – preferably to work with the original thumby as it integrates into the SRAM brake clamp. Needs to be infinite positions, rather than incremental.

Fox Transfer the best of the bunch, or….?

fatbrad
    Free Member

One up posts get some good reviews and will do a 34.9 150mm drop too. Also seem to have a SRAM compatible switch/remote

mashr

Fox Transfer the best of the bunch, or….?

I’ve got a Fox Transfer and a Brand-X – I wont be bothering buying another Fox

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MartynS

I’ve got a bird branded dropper on my bird..
    I think they are rebranded Brand X posts. I’ve only just serviced it the other day after 2 years.
    dead easy to do (I had reverbs on the other bikes) just way better all round than a reverbs I had on other bikes
    If you can get a brand x one in the size you need I’d recommend

bigblackshed

BrandX and save some money.

chakaping
    Free Member

I buy OneUp posts because I need the lowest stack I can get (for my stumpy legs), but I’d probably get Brand X if I didn’t.

DrP

If my purchase this afternoon goes through, I’ll have a 150mm, 34.9 dropper that came off my stumpy for sale…

X fusion… lovely and reliable..

Of any interest?

DrP

Of any interest?

Definitely of some interest yeah – does it have a black shaft?

Feel free to drop me a message. Cheers

DrP

Yup.. black shaft/outer etc…
    Will pm you..

DrP

Jordan

Chain Reaction have Brand X at £99 at the moment, just grabbed one myself.

Northwind

Oneup are very good. Bikeyoke are better but they’re so much more expensive that it makes no sense. Brand X are so good for the price that they’re always worth a look.

TBH these days most quality dropper posts are pretty competent and reliable so most of the time the best dropper, is the absolute longest you can fit, at the best price. IMO the difference between 150 and 170 is pretty massive in use, it seems like “just 20mM” but 170 was the first time I didn’t feel like I was making a big compromise for the drop.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts