Dropper post seat bag/strap

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Dropper post seat bag/strap
  • jayx2a

I have a Louri frame strap with a tube and co2 canisters but with the Trek frame once a bottle is on space is a little limited. I have it on the top of top tube against the seat post at the moment which seems ok.

Was thinking of maybe trying it on the rails of the saddle but the straps are too long and it doesn’t really work! Although the post still returns at pace so it seems the extra weight is no issue.

I know Louri do a saddle version but slight concern of how muddy it will get. I mean that’s not a huge issue I guess!

Are there alternatives for a 29er wheel that are not huge and work well with a dropper?

Saw the weecog one at £30 but not sure if it’s a better option than just a strap.

Anyone using a strap or bag on the dropper?

Premier Icon StirlingCrispin
    Subscriber

I use a Zefal Z light saddlebag (0.5l – small),

£10 on Amazon. Cut off the seatpost strap and secure the bag away from the seatpost with an additional toe-strap round everything.

Holds a tube, tyre lever, multi-tool and other odds and sods.

Premier Icon akira
    Subscriber

Castelli do some that just attach to the saddle rails. Got a small one on the road bike so no dropper but works well.

Premier Icon richardkennerley
    Subscriber

I’ve got the weecog one. It does what it’s supposed to do, but I’ve recently noticed its worn the anodising on the post where it rubs when the seat is dropped (not the stanchion, the “collar” at the top of the post where it says reverb.) Doesn’t bother me but it might upset someone!

Premier Icon spacehopper
    Subscriber

i use a little Deuter bag on my hardtail with a dropper..

The straps keep it tucked right into the saddle so it doesnt poke out too much.. it used to work on my 26″ full suss but the new 27.5 contacts it at full travelwith the saddle dropped fully.. (small sized frame)

i use one of these style clamps.. (picked up a few on ebay for pennies) and chop off the protruding piece the correct saddle bag is supposed to clip on to.. so its basically just a ‘bar’ between the saddle rails..

this stops the saddle bag strap sliding forward too much and keeps it away from the dropper post and means it doesnt wear the post out..

why not use the just use a clip on bag?!

I find they stick out way too much.. and so look even gawkier.. and it also means its even closer to the tyre when the saddle is fully dropped… 🙂

jayx2a

Will have a look at all the suggestions! I’m not anal about a bit of run marks etc. Just want it to be solid and stay put!

I could just keep it on the frame but I think it’s just not quite in a decent space!

Premier Icon richardkennerley
    Subscriber

Just want it to be solid and stay put!

Weecog definitely meets these requirements

dhrider

Nukeproof strap with co2 and a tube fitted to my dropper, no issues at all.

I have it on the saddle as my roof rack clamps the downtube where the strap would be if it was fitted there.

jayx2a

Will have a look at the Nukeproof one too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.