Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dropper post remote problems
  • crashrash

I have a KS post and went for the KS southpaw remote, its fitted to a USE carbon bar. Having a bit of a problem with the clamp not really holding the bar at the normal 6 torques. It came with a nice rubber strip which fell apart quite quick. Over winter some gorilla tape and electrical tape seemed OK but the hot weather means the glue is failing!

Is this a problem with the Southpaw remote? Have I fitted it wrong (not an instructions reader)? Anyone got any solutions?!

Obviously, don’t want to tighten more than 6 torques just in case it compromises the bar!

nickjb
    Free Member

What about a little strip of inner tube?

mactheknife

Carbon paste

Onzadog
    Free Member

Self amalgamating tape.

vincienup
    Free Member

BITD everyone used to moan that the Southpaw lever did exactly this. And then they changed their minds and it was peachy.

If you can’t raise the friction enough with tape or paste, your options are looking like another bar or another lever if you ask me… 😕

docgeoffyjones

First time I fitted it was fine, when I put it back on the bars it required more torque than I expected. Since then i switched bars which have a rougher surface and it requires less torque again.

crashrash

Inner tube holding at the moment! And has the advantage of being heat proof unlike tape. Keeping my fingers crossed……

If not then looking at the a new lever.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Dropper post remote problems’ is closed to new replies.