Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Dropper post
  • timwillows
    Free Member

Fancy treating myself to one of these, is the Thomson (£315 wiggle) really worth £110 more than the reverb (£203 bike-discount)?
    Why are there so many options with the reverb? the Thomson seems to manage with much fewer

timwillows
    Free Member

Nobody have an opinion?

althepal

Would love Thomson as im a fan of their stuff but my reverb has been faultless in the 6 months I’ve had to.

tallie
    Free Member

Reverbs are still going for £180 at on one – 31.6 only.

Only had mine for a couple of rides but very happy – at the moment I can’t see how the Thompson can be £135 better…

timwillows
    Free Member

Cheers tallie, but 30.9 for me 🙁

mangatank
    Free Member

Well, the Thomson is spectacularly well finished and works perfectly so far, but I haven’t put in nearly enough time on it yet so it’s still a slightly unknown quantity. There are excellent reviews out there however.

jonk

Thomson £299 at tweeks cycles

Blurboy
    Free Member

Another vote for the Thomson, 3 rides in, about 100 miles so far so early days, but lots of sand and mud testing. Only down sides are cable is very short, only just fitted my medium frame BLT2 and the cable outer is too thick to work with Shimano cable ends. It comes with 2 metal ends but I cut the outer to use the cable stops on the frame so needed 4. Workmanship is superb, slinky metal!!!!

maurizio
    Free Member

I’m in the same boat! My thoughts are: Thomson state that their main priority with their dropper is reliability, couple with the release of a stealth version which removes the ‘mud gunking up the cable arguments’. Plus, because its cable if you have a crash and mash the remote, you can bodge it easily!

Although it is more expensive “/ the plus side is if this is an experiment the resale price would likely hold more value? T

he reverb has price, a supposedly un-contaminable remote and most shops stock it (and therefore should be able to help you out if anything goes wrong?)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Dropper post’ is closed to new replies.