Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Dropped posts
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

What cheaper options are people using at the moment which seem reliable? I’m looking for a 31.6 internal routed but can’t stomach £300 odd for a bike I use infrequently. Cheers.

prawny

I’ve got a KS eten because I’m poor. It takes a bit of time to set up right but is otherwise decent. Original cable is a bit crap though but will do for a few months.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Your the second person who has recommended one of those. It’s creeping up my list.

m0rk
    Free Member

I’ve got a KS e-ten as well (came on a bike), works nicely & even the thumb lever is slick after a lube.

Also I have a Reverb on another bike, which is nice. But no better

ulysse
    Free Member

Another vote for KS here

fd3chris
    Free Member

Looks like an eten then!

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Yep, KS E10 in my Hardtail.. It works

vincienup
    Free Member

/blatant hijack…

If you are interested I have an internally routed 31.6 KS post (I think a KS e30 integra) that I bought on here in error – it was a new bike pull. E30’s are OE ETen’s I think.

I was planning a build it would have been useful on but I’ve ended up external. I’m going to be selling at some point, happy to talk about it on email if you want 🙂

craig24
    Free Member

RSP Plummet gets good reviews, can pick them up for £75 ish

rOcKeTdOg

New bontrager ones are £240

Harry_the_Spider

My LBS are doing a Giant one for about £175 fitted.

Tempted when I have the pennies.

Harry_the_Spider

double trouble

pembo6
    Free Member

KS eten. Great posts. Very reliable (once setup properly).
    My only complaints are:
    1) fiddly to setup. But once setup (perfect cable length) they work great.
    2) a bit heavy.
    3) trigger mechNism (under the saddle) is not well shielded from mud/grit etc. and needs a clean after riding to make sure no mud is there which can affect operation. I ended up doing a modification that increased the tension on the trigger spring which helped the lever return stronger, which helped when it was clogged up with mud. (Note: this only affects the lever return. Not the seat post return rate).

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

The Brand X dropper is due in stock in about 2 weeks . It has been well reviewed in 2 tests that I have read . Cost is £140 but they are doing some kind of offer if you buy early and you can get one for £100 .

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Dropped posts’ is closed to new replies.