• This topic has 47 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by mrmo.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Drop cycling from the Olympics ,are they for real?
  • Lifer
    Free Member

feenster – Member
    They wouldn’t drop cycling because they’ve got a drug cheat

Yep, just classic STW misrepresentation.

ampthill

It certainly would make sense to exclude sports from the olympics if their governing bodies has covered up doping scandals. Although in the case of cycling to exclude the track cyclists would seem very unfair. It would also be harsh on the new crop of cleaner road stars.

The cost to road cycling of a ban would be minimal compared to track cylcing

mrmo
    Free Member

Don’t think thats the point.

It’s the fact that the governing body appear to be complicit that has started this off.

thing is most sports just claim they don’t have a problem at all so aren’t they complicent as well? Court of law, ignorance isn’t a defence.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

then people might decide it might be better to stop taking the piss and actually be somewhat in awe of what he did.

This.
    I’ve stood at the top of the 90mtr tower in the Calgary Olympic park where Eddie jumped. Two words crossed my mind as I looked down.

Holy
    &
    Shit.

Lifer
    Free Member

mrmo – Member

“Don’t think thats the point.

It’s the fact that the governing body appear to be complicit that has started this off.”

thing is most sports just claim they don’t have a problem at all so aren’t they complicent as well? Court of law, ignorance isn’t a defence.

This isn’t a court of law.

‘Turning a blind eye’ is wrong but the alleged level of collusion between a cheat and the UCI is pretty unprecedented and another level entirely. IMO.

mrmo
    Free Member

This isn’t a court of law.

it would end up in the courts very quickly, too much money is involved for it not to.

Lifer
    Free Member

What would? The IOC has the power to decide which sports are included in The Games so I don’t see what legal basis there would be for legal action.

mrmo
    Free Member

sponsors pay the IOCs bills and the IOC isn’t really in charge. Plenty of questions about corruption etc.

If they choose to block one sport it will be challenged, more likely they will brush it under the carpet as they always do.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Drop cycling from the Olympics ,are they for real?’ is closed to new replies.