Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Drones again – Heathrow this time
  • outofbreath
    Free Member

Did they hit it?

I’m gonna assume yes because it should be very easy to hit a target with a huge 12,100km diameter.

andytherocketeer

-Jam the signal between the operator and the drone

Jam the entire 2.4GHz (and 5.8GHz) spectrum. That will go down well 🙂 Take out all WiFi, Bluetooth, the lot.

-Hack the drone, they operate over wifi.

Some do, some don’t.
    Those you control from a phone/ipad probably do. Some of those are easier than easy peasy to hack (Parrot was one – open wifi AP).
    RC race drones, DJI hexa thingy, big camera drones etc. all use RC transmitter/receiver, where there are an array of different protocols. None of which are WiFi.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… What you need is an effin-big vortex cannon.

kcr
    Free Member

I’m not saying there was no drone at Heathrow (yet), but I’m pretty sure there wasn’t at Gatwick.)

If you’d shared that knowledge with the authorities they could have saved millions of pounds and you would have been a hero to all the stranded Gatwick passengers.

nicko74

nicko74

Warships have fired shells at Venus before

Someone once fired a rocket at Uranus.

Talking of police making mistakes, the recent shooting of an unarmed man in Coventry rather illustrates the point…

matt_outandabout

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… What you need is an effin-big vortex cannon.

Paging Colin Furze, paging Colin Furze…

hopeforthebest
    Free Member

“Talking of police making mistakes, the recent shooting of an unarmed man in Coventry rather illustrates the point…”

No, no, we had a thread about this in which we decided it was only yoghurt weavers that would worry about police ramming motorcyclists, because they’re all super skilled ninja drivers. Police don’t make mistakes!

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Drones again – Heathrow this time’ is closed to new replies.