Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Drone/Quadcopter with Go Pro (style) Camera
  • Mikeypies
    Free Member

Pacemaker

what is the ball park figure for the 250 class setup excluding tx RX

racing in a multistory carpark sounds like a lot of fun although the crashes must be quite heavy and damaging.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I’ve reported a video which breached quite a few rules of Air charter quite to the CAA. Its still there 6 months later. Perhaps they’re busy?

v8ninety

if u read the links and have a basic ability to understand what is written you will see your scaremongering comment is wrong.

Jeez. Are you hard of thinking, or what??? I’ll have one last go. Answer this;

How is saying;

They’re really starting to clamp down, drones as toys will soon be a thing of the past.

NOT scaremongering??? I’m not and never did suggest that the CAA aren’t looking to tighten up on illegal model aircraft usage, mainly due to the explosive growth of cheap quadcopter sales and the perceived safety issues thereof, but to suggest that this will lead to toy and hobbyist use of ‘drones’ being a thing of the past is clearly scaremongering. Unless you have a different definition of scaremongering that I don’t understand, that is.

On a seperate, less antagonistic note; you can build a 250 racer for as little as about £120 now, using stuff off hobbyking and RCtimer. You should factor in your goggles though; the cheapest hobbyking ‘quanum’ type work, but you’ll soon be hankering after a pair of dominator V2s Which come in between £2-300.

pacemaker
    Free Member

As previously said you can build one for about £120 without the fpv stuff , the Gravity is a decent spec and is worth about £300.

You get what you pay for though.

Have a look at http://www.4props.co.uk or http://www.radioc.co.uk

Any questions , I will help you the best i can.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

Whatever

I can’t waste anymore of my time arguing with an idiot

pacemaker
    Free Member

I prefer flying the bigger stuff than the 250 sized stuff as I like to use for aerial videoing, I also fly fixed wing fpv for mapping.

v8ninety

Whatever
    I can’t waste anymore of my time arguing with an idiot

what a delightful chap you are.

Pacemaker; do you mind me asking what vtx do have good experience with? I’ve bought a fair few different ones, and at least two have been DOA, some have been just rubbish, and some have been somewhat larger than I expected. FPV has been an entertaining but occasionally frustrating experience so far… 8)

pacemaker
    Free Member

I have various types, I tend to use Boscam now as they are reliable and are easily comparable in range as my Imersionrc ones for half the price.

breninbeener

I am completely captivated by the self build stuff expressed in this thread and the Norway video. The stuff from Hobbyking seems top value, but i really dont know what parts to buy.

Can anyone give me a prescriptive build thread/blog? Or a list of go here and buy this?

Thanks

pacemaker
    Free Member

It depends what you want to do with it, it it’s an aerial filming platform I would go with a 450 size upwards ,if you want to “drone” race (I hate the term drone !!) you want something 250-280 size.

The sizes refer to the measurement from one arm to the other diagonally.

I would recommend a dji 450 naza lite kit as a great starter, it’s build your own and you will still need to buy a 6channel transmitter and reciever plus batteries and charger

http://www.quadcopters.co.uk/dji-f450-and-naza-lite-inc-gps-combo-1160-p.asp

All my stuff I have built myself and will offer any help I can,

breninbeener

Will that dji f450 kit carry a gopro? With a gimbal?

will the multichannel radio on Hobbyking be suitable for this kit? What battery and charger would work best?

v8ninety

I found the Oscar Liang blog site really useful and informative. Regarding carrying HD cameras, whilst a go pro is very portable for these quads, a great deal of people use the möbius camera, which is lighter and has a form factor that is easier to strap to a quad. It’s also a good deal cheaper, which is an important factor when you are considering strapping it to a prototype self built high powered aerial craft…

Davesport

The F450 can easily carry a GoPro & Zenmuse gimbal. The Zenmuse for Phantom & the F450 are externally identical but not interchangable.

My lad’s got a 450. Faster and more maneuverable than my Phantom 2 👿

breninbeener

Ok, Mobius makes sense to me. Can that be gimbal mounted?

any radio recomendations?

pacemaker
    Free Member

The 450 will easily carry a GoPro on a gimbal, the zenmuse gimbal is plug and play although overly expensive for what it is.

There are plenty of other gimbals that will do the job for half the price,

On the Mobius camera subject , I have 2 and also 2 SJcams and a couple of GoPros , I wouldn’t buy a mobius again, the footage quality isn’t as good as the sjcam and they are about the same price.
    The gimbals also don’t seem to like mobius camera balancing as most are based on the go pro weight.

pacemaker
    Free Member
    breninbeener

I have a gopro 3 black so the sj would give me some mounts and batteries etc…

What TX and Rx kit would you recommend?

pacemaker
    Free Member

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__78394__Turnigy_9X_9Ch_Transmitter_w_Module_8ch_Receiver_Mode_2_v2_Firmware_UK_Warehouse_.html

On a budget this is a decent deal, plenty of people using them and very happy or if you want to spend and get the best for multirotors, this one

http://www.t9hobbysport.com/frsky-taranis-plus-2.4ghz-transmitter

breninbeener

The Turnigy is lots cheapeer, but needs battety and charger. The Taranis is 3x the price but comes with more. Why is it so much more? Is it features, or build quality?

pacemaker
    Free Member

The taranis is awesome and will do anything you could want it to do, I have 22 different models programmed into mine, and it’s capibiliities are amazing where as the turnigy is simple, cheap and will do what you need it to do.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Dji 3 standard has been slashed all over the place. Think you can pick one up rtf for 350 quids which is a fair bit of kit for that money.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

How easy is the Dji to fly?

richmars

How easy is the Dji to fly?

Very.
    But there’s a lot to learn. What happens when the battery gets too low, what happens if it looses the control signal.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Richmars
    ok cool, do you know anything about the xk detect 380 i link above

richmars

Sorry no. Just the DJI Phantom 3.

wrightyson
    Free Member

The dji will return to home when the battery is low I believe. I’m still seriously tempted after somewhat borrowing/stealing my sons xc5 drone and flying it like Tom Cruise in top gun. Richmars do you rate the dji then?

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Richmars

Thumbs up or down for the DJI Phantom 3.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Drone/Quadcopter with Go Pro (style) Camera’ is closed to new replies.