Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Drone recommendations please
  • leftyboy
    Free Member

I want to buy my son a drone, capable of taking photos/video, for Christmas. Can anyone recommend one that’s easy to fly has a built in camera and isn’t silly money to spend on a 13 year old!

dogmatix

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Metakoo-Bee-Pro-Mini-Drone-With-Camera-Mini-Quadcopter-with-Intelligent-Altit-/272463269701?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

From american company, has barometer so it can maintain height. Makes it much easier to learn. The camera wont be great but none will for this price. I think it will work outside, but it is a mini drone so wont work on a windy day.

CraigW
    Free Member

Syma X5C-1. Available for about £40.
    I recently got one of these, good fun for learning to fly it. Seems pretty tough, had a few crashes and got stuck in trees, without damage. Has a camera, but pretty poor image quality.
    Worth buying a few spare batteries as well.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I’m having a hubsan x4 desire h502e from the wife for xmas. Looks pretty good from what I have seen and it cost her around £65 from amazon. It has a 720p camera and gps with return home mode.

GrahamS

Worth buying a few spare batteries as well.

Definitely! Multiway charger and spare batteries.

Most of the toy drones only get ~6 minutes flight time, which makes it hard a little hard to progress much. I learnt a lot the first time I went down the park with half a dozen batteries in my pocket.

leftyboy
    Free Member

Excellent thanks all

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Drone recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.