Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • driving into Birmingham on Saturday from Wolves
  • Simon-E

I’m accompanying my daughter to see a band at the O2 Academy on Saturday. I’ve not driven into Brum before but there will be no trains and I’m guessing that the M54 – M6 – M38 will be chocker. A colleague thought that the main Dudley road (A41?) might be better.

Can anyone suggest an alternative route from M54 / Wolverhampton?

I’m flying blind here so any help is appreciated. Ta.

teenrat

A4123 Birmingham New Road.?

Or why not get the tram from Wolverhampton direct to Birmingham Centre

alanl
    Free Member

Shouldnt be too bad, but, early evenings does get clogged up within a mile of Broad Street on the inner ring road, though it isnt central London , so traffic does move, albeit slowly. Be aware of the congestion/air tax.
    If going to the O2, we park up around 5 mins walk from there on a side street, anywhere around Upper Gough St. The Keg and Grill there does a great curry, as well as being a nice enough pub, albeit limited in its beers, the Craven Arms just up the road has a good selection of beers in.
    Parking round there is free on single yellows after 6.30pm iirc. There are very few signs that tell you that, as it is a parking machine area, so they want you to use the paid for parking spaces.

Houns

Just stick it in Google maps/waze before you go and take the route they suggest

singlespeedstu

the Craven Arms

Nothing to add but The Craven Arms is a great pub.

rOcKeTdOg

Don’t forget the congestion/air quality charge

Simon-E

Thanks all. I wasn’t aware of the congestion/air charge, so really grateful for mentioning that!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.