Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Driving Gloves – Yes or No
  • GeForceJunky

I wear karting race gloves, but only when its cold and I have the roof down 🙂

konabunny
    Free Member

It depends – are you driving a bin lorry or a steamroller? If not, then no. My mate bought driving gloves when he was 19 for driving in his Y-reg Porsche.

Can you post a photo of the gloves (or preferably you wearing the gloves) so we can mock you give an informed opinion?

Edit: it’s not the string back special gloves that are being worn here, are they? http://www.grandprix-dakotashop.com/en/accessoires/gulf-diva-top-turquoise.html Because if that babe can’t pull them off, no-one can…

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Driving gloves should only be worn when thrashing something badass and pre war.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Markie
    Free Member

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Do the gloves come with a free Trilby hat?

higthepig
    Free Member

NO, NO and thrice NO.

Suppose the next step for you is a pair of Farrah comfort slacks and a nice car coat.

Matt24k
    Free Member

NO FRICKIN WAY!

freddyg
    Free Member

Bakelite steering wheel in a classic car with no heating, then yes. Anything else, no. Unless you like people to point at you and laugh.

AngusWells

If you own a genuine Gulf liveried Porsche 917 or Ford GT40……..No, but I want to be your friend

If you own any other car………..Just No.

AngusWells

Note the lack of gloves………

bikebouy
    Free Member

Dear God.

No.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Waiit aaa minuite…

Yes.

Off you go.

nealglover
    Free Member

Note the lack of gloves……

To be fair, he’s not actually driving is he ?

Unlike here.

For the OP, the answer is still a resounding NO though.

As he’s not Steve McQueen 🙂

PrinceJohn

Are you Jason Statham? Do you deliver packages no questions asked?

Then yes, you can wear driving gloves.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No. Unless you are driving a pre 1970s car, in mid-winter, which is fitted with a heater that has a similar output to a mouse’s breath, in which case gloves and a car coat might be acceptable.

MSP

Statham looks like a tool, and Mcqueen has now gone down in my estimation. Terry Thomas is the only man who should ever wear driving gloves, and only because he is a renowned cad and a bounder.

RustySpanner

Terry Thomas is the only man who should ever wear driving gloves, and only because he is a renowned cad and a bounder.

And Leonard, of course:

Who could wear what the hell he liked. 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Driving Gloves – Yes or No’ is closed to new replies.