• This topic has 44 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Driving abroad?
  • PePPeR

I agree with OMITH the Belgians are dreadful! I work there every other week and I hate it! Priority A Droite is **** nightmareish too! There you are driving down a nice decent sized main road and the whole of Brussells drives out in front of you!

I drive round there in a 3.5T van so I have a little size to push things around with, if I were in a little hachback it would be even worse!

Oh as for headlights I gave up, modern headlights have no markings on them for where to place the stickers, so I just drop them down to the bottom on the height adjustment to stop blinding people.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Dont think I saw any of the fuzz on the drive to the Alps. We had all the kit but despite doing the motorways all the way there and the A roads all the way back I think we only saw one radar/laser trap on the A road a few Ks before a toll booth. Saw loads of Gatsos on the A road but it was so straight and long that you could see them from a mile away.

uplink
    Free Member

They only tend to man the speed traps between 9 & 12 then 3 till 5

Other motorists tend to warn you well enough, just watch out around the bridges where there’s often maintenance access road onto the autoroute that they hide in

snowslave

I find it helpful to practice for a while before you drive abroad, by driving on the wrong side in England

DrJ

Just got flashed by a camera in Lille. I was a bit stupid – wondered “why is everyone going so slowly?” – BANG! – “oh yes – now I understand 🙁 ”

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Driving abroad?’ is closed to new replies.