Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Drivetrain help
  • Stainypants

Im really struggling I need 2 new drivetrains for my kids bikes. 1x 10 or 11 speed preferably shimano. 11-46 would be good but they’d manage with 11-42.

I can’t find a cassette, shifter (bar mount) and rear mech combo. I had SLx rear mechs and xt cassettes in my basket but couldn’t find the shifter. Lo mio

I may end up stripping their existing bikes which I was planning to sell until more stock arrives in the country. Any idea when they’ll get stock back in.

bikerevivesheffield

11 speed slx in stock at sjs cycles with band on.

scotroutes

I have a new XT 11-46 speed cassette in my garage which is surplus to requirements (the cassette, not the garage). Make me an offer.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’ve got an 11-36 Sram cassette (10 speed) with a fair amount of use that you can have for postage….it’s still in fairly good nick as far as I can tell.

Got a 10 speed chain that’s had about 100km of use that I can throw in too.

I know it doesn’t necessarily fit the original brief but I’d rather see it get used than lie around in the shed!

Scotroutes if the cassette isn’t wanted by the OP I’ll take it off your hands….after one for my gravel bike!

Stainypants

Thanks it wasn’t meant to be a wanted add more could anyone point me to to stock. I knew I’d seen the shifter somewhere so I’ve now ordered 2 thanks @bikerevivesheffield and the mechs. I’ll IM @scotroutes about the cassette. This is great as I can now sell some of kids bikes. Thanks Tom but there they’ll definitely need at least 11-42.

I got the three kids new bikes just before lock down 1, 2 have grown out of them and the other wants a FS. So I’m building up my old prophet and 456 for the bigger kids and upgrading 13inch hard tail for the little one.

They’ll all be better specced than when I ran them at this rate.

Tom-B
    Free Member

What mech did you get/where from? It’s the final piece of my 1 x 11 drivetrain jigsaw puzzle!

Stainypants

@Tom-B There are slx 11 speed mechs on Amazon for £59. I was even thinking of getting another one and a wolftooth tanpan for my gravel bike so I could fit a double at the front. As said above thanks for the offer but they need 11-42

Tom-B
    Free Member

Argh I hate giving Amazon money. That’s cheap though!

Yeah no worries about the cassette, I’ll pop it in the classifieds when I get chance.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Drivetrain help’ is closed to new replies.