Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Driven: The Billy Monger Story
  • DezB
    Free Member

Anyone else catch this on BBC2 last night? It wasn’t something I intended to watch, (not being into motor racing, or heartbreaking stories about teenaged boys!) but once it started, just couldn’t turn it over. So fascinating, what an amazing kid.

Having a 16 yo son, of course, I was blubbing in places and the ol’ heart was fully warmed by the end of the prog.

Worth catching on iPlayer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p06qx4gt/driven-the-billy-monger-story

DM52
    Free Member

I had not seen that angle of his accident before, it was fairly sobering to say the least.

The bits the really stood out for me was how strong his sister is, first family member on the scene and not freaking out in the slightest and Trevor Carlin plus team sorting first sim tests and then the F3 drive out, it felt like he was carrying a small tinge of guilt about the accident righty or wrongly.

Incredible very determined kid.

DezB
    Free Member

I had not seen that angle of his accident before, it was fairly sobering to say the least.

Absolutely. Leapt out of my skin when they first showed it. Horrific.

davosaurusrex

Amazing documentary about an amazing lad. Absolutely staggering strength of character. His poor Mum though…..

fingerbang
    Free Member

Yeah I saw it. Amazing kid. Truly inspiring and humbling for me. His attitude was/is amazing. Reminded me of Martyn Ashton with his positivity and attitude. I didn’t intend to watch it but just dropped all my plans and sat down and cried

It made me even warm to Lewis Hamilton

I resisted the temptation to look at his race results for season just gone as wanted to assume that he was still podiuminng and progressing up the sport, fingers crossed he still is

mrhoppy

I read the article on the website in the morning and then watched it last night.  Really good program, his progress is amazing and his attitude was so mature for one so young.

Even Mrs hoppy managed to watch it without grumbling which is an achievement.

mrhoppy

And I did check out his results for the 2018 season and they were impressive.

Pigface
    Free Member

Alex Zanardi is his inspiration.

fingerbang
    Free Member

That’s great news about his 2018 results. He’s a winner, that focus and drive,scuse the pun, are almost like a breed apart. It’s guys like billy that get shit done

coynie09
    Free Member

Amazing documentary about an strong willed lad a & amazing family……

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Driven: The Billy Monger Story’ is closed to new replies.