Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Driveaway awnings for large panel van campers
  • ElShalimo

Has anyone got a hi-roof LWB panel Van camper conversion and uses a driveaway awning?
    We’re looking for one for our Transit but there’s not a lot of choice for larger vehicles out there. I suppose the problem is the higher roof line and a larger sliding door.
    Any recommendations?

Spin
    Free Member

See if there’s a Vango airbeam one that fits. We have one for a smaller van and it is excellent.

tillydog
    Free Member

We have a Cayman Classic. They come in 2 heights: 1.8-2.4m or 2.4-2.9m

The rail on our H2 Relay is just under 2.4m from the ground so we went with the lower height version, but in hindsight, I think we should have gone for the higher one as the tunnel is stretched quite tightly around the sliding door so care is needed when opening / closing.

There’s enough width in the tunnel to open the sliding door as far as the half way stop that we usually use, but a wider tunnel would be better.

It’s quite light and compact when packed – we had an air awning briefly, but the pack was HUGE and it weighed a ton – seems to be reasonably well made and was one of the cheaper options.

https://www.outdoor-revolution.com/cayman-classic-mk2-f-g.html

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

I have a vango airbeam driveaway awning that should fit the bill if interested I would sell it, I dont tend to camp for any period of time and it’s just me and the wife so it doesn’t really get used, let me know if interested.

Cheers

ElShalimo

@tillydog – thanks, our Fiamma is at ~2.3m so it’d probably attach directly to that

tillydog
    Free Member

lucien

Plus one for the Vango airbeam, couldn’t be easier

ElShalimo

@boxwithawindow – which Vango model is it? How tall was the van you used it with?

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

I believe it’s called the Idris, I use it on a high top transit but it attaches to the guttering above the door with plenty of room to go higher if needed so height shouldn’t be an issue.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Driveaway awnings for large panel van campers’ is closed to new replies.