Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Drinking on a school night
  • neil853
    Free Member

Who can still manage this who are past 30? I very rarely do it but managed to find myself in a nightclub at 2am last night (yes on a monday). I can honestly say I feel like sh*t. How did I used to do this day in day out? 🙄

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Don’t they mind you still being at school?

neil853
    Free Member

always love a smart arse 🙄

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Little bit tetchy today, are we?

You might consider not drinking on a Monday night in the future… seems like you can’t handle it anymore.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

not as easy as it used to be for me although it’s endemic in my industry. I have a 4 hour sleep minimum now. used to hit the bar every night until the wee small hours but nowadays restrict it to once every few days on a job a the most.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I drink most nights. But only a bottle or two of lager as I am cooking dinner.

I could not do a 2am stint on a weekend any more, never mind a school night.

richmars

Yes, pub ride with mates on Thursday (4-5 pints, 20-30 miles), then ride to work Friday. I can manage one day before the weekend and full recovery.

backhander
    Free Member

Never any more. Even 1 or 2 beers affects me the next day. I’m 34 and officially shit at drinking.

uplink
    Free Member

I used to be able to easily

53 now and any more than 4 pints has me struggling for most of the next day

neil853
    Free Member

I’m only 31, can’t be downhill from here ha ha

toys19
    Free Member

Always best to drink on a school night, why waste your leisure time with a hangover?

neil853
    Free Member

Always best to drink on a school night, why waste your leisure time with a hangover?

Like your thinking, not always the best formula for the best quality work though 8)

steve-g
    Free Member

My problem since I passed 30 is that after 5 or 6 drinks I dont want to go out until 3 or 4 in the morning, I just want to go to sleep.

I tend to go out one night in the week each week, but make it home by 12 – 12:30 latest and I am ok the next day

GW
    Free Member

it’s nothing to do with age, you’re just out of practice 😉

PiknMix
    Free Member

me and my other post 30 mates regularly have late ones regardless of the day of the week.

Life gets awful dull if you limit the time your allowed to have fun in.

Coyote
    Free Member

What Pik n Mix said.

thomthumb
    Free Member

cant manage it on the weekend anymore let alone in the week.

went to brighton at the weekend and half us went home before midnight.

i’m 26 😳

jon1973
    Free Member

me and my other post 30 mates regularly have late ones regardless of the day of the week.

Life gets awful dull if you limit the time your allowed to have fun in.

Yes, but it’s not the only way to enjoy life though, is it. I don’t mean that in a preachy way, but the thought of going clubbing or even for a heavy session really doesn’t do it for me any more. I do like going down the pub occasionally, but will rarely drink more than a couple of pints (I used to drink like a fish).

I am fitter than I’ve ever been though and would be happier out on my bike than down the pub.

I don’t see not drinking as limiting my fun. I just find fun in doing other things now compared to when I was yonger (I’m 38, btw)

SBrock
    Free Member

I’m 42, the thought of going out round the Clubs/Bars of Lincoln until 3am does absolutely nothing to excite me, in actual fact I can’t think of anything worse. I have a few bottles at home most nights and would rather go our for a nice meal and a few drinks in town.

emma82
    Free Member

I can cope with one late night a month but never on a school night and I’m 28. Gimmie a cuppa tea and an early night any day. I don’t like drinking much when I’m out either to be honest, so tend not to but a hangover takes about three days to clear now 🙁

Vortexracing

eh you, your supposed to be in training for mayhem 😆

and you forgot to tell them it was in Preston.

Where did you end up, Perfect Tens?

Keva
    Free Member

rode 40miles off road Sunday before last, six pints of cider in the pub that evening, up for work the next day and commuted ten miles overall. 42 years old.

Kev

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Keva +1. You lot are all a bunch of pansies! 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

…..and commuted ten miles overall

What, 5 miles there and 5 miles back ?

That’s crazy……..it makes me feel like such a pansy.

j_me
    Free Member

3 pints and 8 hours sleep is about my limit for a school night.
    Although sometimes I get those figures mixed up.

PiknMix
    Free Member

jon1973 – Member

Yes, but it’s not the only way to enjoy life though, is it. I don’t mean that in a preachy way, but the thought of going clubbing or even for a heavy session really doesn’t do it for me any more. I do like going down the pub occasionally, but will rarely drink more than a couple of pints (I used to drink like a fish).

I am fitter than I’ve ever been though and would be happier out on my bike than down the pub.

I don’t see not drinking as limiting my fun. I just find fun in doing other things now compared to when I was yonger (I’m 38, btw)

I hardly drink any more fella but I still enjoy a late one out at night, even alcohol free ones. (plus I can negate taxi costs by biking back) So no defiantly agree drinking is not the only way to have fun.

I still very much stand by life gets pretty dull if you limit the time your allowed to have fun in. Regardless of what that fun may be.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

I only ever went to clubs about once a month even when I was at uni, because:

A) I thought clubs were generally fairly boring (but then again I think football is even more boring, so I realise I am atypical).

B) I didn’t have loads of money (we were always skint at Uni – don’t know where students get all this money for binge drinking).

C) My idea of having “a life” was feeling good enough to do lots of sport most of the time.

neil853
    Free Member

well I have now recovered from said hangover. Its easy to wallow in self pitty the day after but in all seriousness when in my early 20’s I could manage muliple nights, even with work.

The thing is its was a good night (in the ‘roper’ dave if you know it?) and to be honest, I would do it all again 😉

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Drinking on a school night’ is closed to new replies.