Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Drink Driving Question – Hypothetical Content
  • dryroasted
    Free Member

what if your house has a private road to it, could you drive up and down it over the limit

poly
    Free Member

dryroasted – Member
    what if your house has a private road to it, could you drive up and down it over the limit

if there is nothing (e.g. secure gates) to stop the public (e.g. a delivery driver, a cyclist or a pedestrian out for a stroll) from using that private road, then it could be deemed as “other public place”; if that road was shared with other houses it would almost certainly be.

maccruiskeen

generally if something looks like a road then many of the rules of the road apply regardless of whether the road is publicly or privately owned, unless you physically secure the tarmac you’re on- such as a racetrack or runway for instance which is fenced and gated away from the public. But drives and roads connecting private property to the public highway, as well as places like industrial estates, supermarket carparks etc- your actions there are governed by the same rules.

The main difference is the police aren’t generally patrolling private ground so problems would only(be likely) occur for a drunk driver if things when wrong severely enough for the police to have to be involved – if it resulted in death, injury or damage to property

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pictonroad

Friend of mine got done as he was at the wheel of a mates car steering it whilst they pushed it to bump start. He had a bad leg, couldn’t help push but he was banned at the time, police recognised him and stuck a year on.

As a serial drunk car/camper sleeper I usually put the car obviously out of use, seat right forward, back seat down, keys under the boot floor, that sort of thing. If I’m charged I have a good defence.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Drink Driving Question – Hypothetical Content’ is closed to new replies.