Dressing up to go out

Home Forum Bike Forum Dressing up to go out

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Dressing up to go out
  • TandemJeremy

Tweed is where its at for the older gentleman

RealMan

Only time I look in a mirror is when I’m about to go out on the bike. Aesthetics is everything 😉

Gary_M

yeh you gotta look good, never sacrafice style for speed. If you’re a fatty then you’re not going to look good on a bike no matter what you wear though.

goodgugu

I guess this really could be another post by itself, but is it wrong to cycle in Speedo’s? Yes, this is aimed at you triathletes out there!!! You know who you are!!

And.. this Swiss gent <crikey!!>

Speedo Wearing Swiss Cycling Man by trailerparkbarbie, on Flickr

cynic-al

I don’t worry too much about my looks on the bike. I’ve got some classic clobber that the noob would not understand.

I rider faster than most though and that’s what counts, not sitting around in cafes with some “latest name” carbon dream machine colour-co-ordinating to my lycra.

bristolbiker

HtS – Triple chainset fail, but red is the fastest colour (FACT), so it probably balances out…..

RV

Thats Gizmo & Wife in the tweed outfit. He goes to work dressed like that too.

yesiamtom

I got told i was wearing my socks wrong yesterday by someone my age. The socks are on my feet, what could be wrong?

Daisy_Duke

Mrs DD makes me dress up for the tandem every ride. Here we are in summer attire, and yes we have matching winter kit to. Oh the shame… 8)

RealMan

DD where is that?

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

I circumvent any potential fashion faux pas by only ever cycling naked

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Oh, safety first…. so still wearing a helmet, obviously. And socks. And SPD sandals.

Terry Wrist

RealMan – Member

Only time I look in a mirror is when I’m about to go out on the bike. Aesthetics is everything

Really?

RealMan

Really really.

I have to say I’ve become a bit anal at matching socks and shirt to the road bike. Gutted that I couldn’t get another S-Works 2D helmet in red and white after I broke the last one. Black or charcoal… 🙁

Mountain bike usual garb is blue and yellow shirt with red Camelback. Keeping it primary at least.

Daisy_Duke

RM, Shrophire Sportive just outside Church Stretton, few months ago. Got told in no uncertain terms by fellow riders that we’d never make the 20% climb. 😆

You got up the Burway on a tandem ? nice work !

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

I am not a stylish man. I look good at funerals, but that it about it.

When riding my mountain bike I tend to wear whatever I can find. Yellow top, blue top, green top, whatever is clean top. And none of it matching my brown and gold camo pattern Giro MTB lid.

However, since I’ve been riding my road bike I’ve started to dress for the occasion. Top and natty little cap to match the bike and Spesh roadie helmet. Has anyone else who has turned to road bikes later in life noticed this? If so, what are your colours? I’m a red, black and white man.

Next puchase will be one of these.

To go with this.

Fire away!

Taff

I have just thought about what I wear… I havea red road bike and a red mtb. I have a red camelbak, red socks and a partly red cycling jersey

may need help

bazep

I’m sorry but road biking garb is one of the reasons I’ve just sold all my roadie gear to get back to MTB. It’s the middle class version of chavs and their footy tops. No imagination or class can be shown in matching bib shorts and and overly toight jerseys. Unless you;re in a race you just look like an eedgit. Looking forward to getting back in to just wearing stuff on the bike.

NB – I am a dapper gent while at work and other play so it’s not due to being a scruff.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Dressing up to go out’ is closed to new replies.