Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Dream guitars?
  • beanum

@yourguitarhero:

What model is the orange tele in your photo??

john_drummer
    Free Member

if I could play I’d like a Yamaha SG

but I can’t so I’ve got a Yamaha Strat thing and a Washburn something or other that looks like a Les Paul.

BigJohn

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCEdT2d43jU[/video]

I’m a sucker for a really nice guitar, but at the end of the day it only matters that it plays well.

But I wish I had my battered 52 reissue Tele with the really thick butterscotch coating back. I sold it for a windsurfing holiday in Cape Verde.

guitarhero
    Free Member

One day one of these will be mine.

Maybe dream guitars should remain dreams. When I bought my last dream guitar (PRS below), it was a bit disappointing. Lovely, but not as good as I’d imagined.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

The orange Tele is a Charvel San Dimas Type 2.
    Great guitar – fast, flat neck, genuine Floyd Rose and the paint has an amazing pearl effect that is really hard to photograph!

They made a USA series and a Japanese one, mine is the original USA one. Supposedly the Japanese ones are slightly nicer and came with a nice case (instead of a gig bag like mine) and were the same price. I’ve never played a Japanese one though.

It was in the window of a guitar shop between my house and work – a short walk that I made 4 times a day as I had lunch at home.
    Think I bought it less than 2 weeks after they got it in – was £500 and came with two weird alien guitar straps.

Here it is in action:

and playing our other guitarist’s fiancee down the aisle:

beanum

Cool… thanks! 🙂

CountZero

Ygh, that Charvel is real purty! I like the Tele shape, but find the details a bit ‘fussy’, like the ashtray tailpiece, and the shape of the scratchplate, but that Charvel deals with that very nicely. About the only other change I’d make is to cut the top of the body above the neck to match the lower cutaway, making it symmetrical. I’m a sucker for symmetrical guitars.
    Having said that, I love the Les Paul, sans pick guard, that’s a beauty. 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Dream guitars?’ is closed to new replies.