Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Dragon Ride 2013
  • Andy-W
    Free Member

Anyone got any top tips for some place to stay close to the starting point (Margam Park)
    A pub would be ideal 🙂

Cheers

Andy

b45her
    Free Member

there’s a premiere inn just up the road, you may be able to get the £29 deal if you book early.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Afan Lodge isn’t too far away. Not stayed there, but heard lots of good things.
    Anything based around the Afan area would be fine as its only about 10 miles from Margam Park.

aP
    Free Member

Stayed in Aberafon this year. 5 miles to the start. Nice little warm up and for once a simple and prompt start.
    Entry confirmed last week, hotel booked too :o)

wonnyj
    Free Member

Lots of guest houses in Port Talbot, or premier inn swansea waterfront is pretty good. 20min drive from Margam.

aP
    Free Member

I’d suggest not driving to the start, unless you like starting somewhat later than your time.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

I’m booked into the Premier Inn by the M4 at Bridgend. Reckon Swansea waterfront might be a bit noisy on a Saturday night.

Mog
    Free Member

Here

Stayed here on a Groupon thing a couple of weeks ago – only live half an hour away but didn’t know about it. 3 miles from Margam park, you can have a recce to the Bwlch before if you like – 5 miles or so in the other direction.
    Really enjoyed it – no real frills but shower, bed, kitchen, TV, quiet, nice!
    We (2 families – 2 adults, 2 kids) shared a cabin for £40/night. The guy who runs it said he’d repeat the offer if we went back so may be worth giving him a call?
    Bit odd when you first get there, but turns out to be a bit good.
    Easily rideable to Margam Park and avoid the queues that were there this year for parking.
    No connection to them by the way!

Carpediem
    Free Member

http://www.afanforestbreak.co.uk/

Owned & run by my Cousin!

wonnyj
    Free Member

Swansea waterfront is actually very quite. The in town version on the other hand is best avoided.

Andy-W
    Free Member

Prem Inn Waterfront it is then ,

dippydai
    Free Member

Betws Eco Lodge

Perfect place, only 15 minutes from Margam with bike storage.

aP
    Free Member

Happy queuing for the car park.

rkk01
    Free Member

Got my ballot entry through.

Will be my first attempt…

… Arrgh – why didn’t I look at the route before entering 😐

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Dragon Ride 2013’ is closed to new replies.