Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • DPD – King of Couriers?
  • midlifecrashes

DPD and franksinatra, earlier.

Northwind

That parcel under bucket is class.

My new commuter is coming by parcel2go. So their tracker says “Yeah, it’s somewhere. I dunno, Sheffield, is that near Edinburgh? It’s still in the sheffield depot but has left the sheffield depot but isn’t in transit but will be delivered any second now unless it’s not”

franksinatra

Tracking shows him to be abut 1 mile and 16 deliveries away. Starting to get nervous….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Oooh, the charity shop have my brewery kit. First ever batch of beer tonight!

franksinatra

Package delivered! Mrs S was at home to sign for it so we will never know if Ian would have delivered it to a neighbour or not.

Plenty of fun playing with my new Sony Xperia Z1 compact tonight….

lemonysam
    Free Member

Looking at this from the other side, DPD have a better than 98% on-time delivery rate in the last twelve months for us (out of many, many thousands of parcels sent), in the run up to christmas they were hitting 99.6% – that’s unbelievably good.

Royal mail we expect about 96-7%, parcelforce* 95% and the brief trial we had with yodel** something stupid like 85%.

The tracking system also results in less than half the number of customer contacts concerning delivery than other delivery companies.

All in all, they’re pretty much the dogs danglies as far as a retailer is concerned.

*who I’ve not worked with for a couple of years now…

**Again, a while ago

rwc03
    Free Member

Wish I had DPD for this package I’m waiting for, stuck with YODEL, delayed by 24hrs, sent to wrong depot.

Northwind

Sometimes feels like yodel are a sort of shill company, created by the other couriers to make them look better.

jamiea
    Free Member

Lets see if DPD fair any better for me; Laimonas is due to deliver my Garmin Edge 810 between 15:31 and 16:31!

Cheers,
    Jamie

grum
    Free Member

I’ve had the tracking thing tell me the driver is still 15 minutes away – gone out to the front door and found a card saying they’d tried to deliver but I wasn’t in.

jamiea
    Free Member

Bugger, didn’t come from Peterborough did he? At least I’m at work with a gert big OPEN sign outside!

Cheers,
    Jamie

mactheknife

Sat at home waiting for a parcel from Loco, might come today. Might not. As i have heard bugger all from TNT 🙂

granny_ring

I did LOL at the first delivery attempt and build up!
    Oh and the bucked one too. 🙂

jamiea
    Free Member

Five minutes to go until the end of the 1 hour window, no sign of Laimonas yet…

Cheers,
    Jamie

edlong
    Free Member

Five minutes to go until the end of the 1 hour window, no sign of Laimonas yet…

Cheers,
    Jamie

POSTED 6 MINUTES AGO

Well? Don’t keep us in suspense….

jamiea
    Free Member

Just turned up, 7 minutes late. Huzzah! No time to charge it for the ride home tho!

Cheers,
    Jamie

gobuchul
    Free Member

Dowhit from Interlink is delivering my parcel between 1136 and 1236.

He is on delivery number 25, I am 28.

Will he make it?

gogg
    Free Member

DPD’s website is sh*te!

I’ve gone to the URL on their sorry we missed you card and it asks for a reference that isn’t given on the bloody card.

Now the pleasures of the call centre.

Should have shopped locally!

Tsk!

gobuchul
    Free Member

Domwhit got my parcel safely to me at 11:55. Clicked on the tracking link at 1154 and saw his van was on my lane, met him at the door.

Well done interlink.

Friendly chap as well.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘DPD – King of Couriers?’ is closed to new replies.