• This topic has 38 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • DPD courier faked signature, no item…
  • redstripe
    Free Member

Not had problems with them before. Order a £250 scanner needed for work off ebay, messaged by DPD saying it was coming in a time slot this morning. We were in, no knocks at the door or doorbell ringing, next get a message saying it’s delivered 11.27 signed by my surname. Went outside 2 mins later, searched everywhere, nothing…
    Called customer services to report, gave me local branch number, spoke to them who said they’d call driver as it was against protocol, they had picture of my back door with the parcel and my alleged signature. Later this afternoon spoke to them again and said the driver hadn’t answered his phone all day and had disappeared pronto when back at depot, no parcels brought back. They’re are supposedly speaking to him in the morning. In the meantime told me to report as undelivered to the seller on ebay who can raise a case, so I’ll get refunded, eventually. What a ball ache. I can imagine the seller saying tracking says it’s delivered with a signature so will do bugger all.

See what happens tomorrow I guess. Anyone else experienced this kind of crap and was it ever resolved?

jam-bo

Are any couriers taking signatures at the moment?

kevs
    Free Member

I had something delivered by dpd today, driver took a photo with the parcel and the front door open to show he had actually delivered it, told me that’s their current procedure unless you choose safe place

martinhutch

Bear in mind that you have the option to report directly to police if you have a copy of the picture with the faked signature. See what DPD say tomorrow.

As above, the current policy is an open door picture.

LeeW

@kevs, that’s tough not trusting your own family.

😂

kevs
    Free Member

Ha! Took me a couple rereads for me to realise what you meant!

DezB
    Free Member

Standard at the moment to supply delivery proof as a photo, I think their delivery software requires a sig, so the driver signs it. Not sure why they sign the recipient’s name, rather than their own!
    It’s weird, but I don’t think fraud comes into it.
    Sounds like someone nicked it off your doorstep. Probably quite common at the moment in dodgy areas.

scaredypants

The photos they take seem to be just of the item on a step – no recognisable door, number or whatever. I’ve even asked them whether they want me in the shot but they just point down at the floor and go. Crazy

nealglover
    Free Member

Standard at the moment to supply delivery proof as a photo, I think their delivery software requires a sig, so the driver signs it. Not sure why they sign the recipient’s name, rather than their own!
    Sounds like someone nicked it off your doorstep. Probably quite common at the moment in dodgy areas.

Standard DPD procedure is to supply delivery proof as a photo, INSIDE the open door.

muddyjames
    Free Member

Dpd pretty rigid on policy where we are, if you can’t get to the door so they can do their open door picture thing, they refuse to leave an item. An open window won’t cut it, neither will a picture of a resident and the parcel outside the window. Most couriers happy with a thumbs up and wave out the window and then they dump it on the doorstep.

Drac

No, that’s not standard at all they’re supposed to show the door open, not to mention no knock and OP checked within minute of notification of delivery.

Cougar

It’s all irrelevant.

You have no contract with the courier. Whomever you bought from needs to deliver what you paid for. If there’s a courier issue then it’s the seller’s problem, kick it back to them to chase.

Caher

Same happened to me last week but with Yodel. Told not to bother chasing the courier, so just called the seller and money refunded.

Daffy

I’ve had this once with DPD and it turned out that the courier had accidentally left my parcel at the wrong address and then “fiddled” the delivery at my address to show that it had been delivered.

I saw the van pull up, saw the guy coming to the door, then there was a pause and he walked away then got back in his van and drove away. 5 mins later I got a message saying it had been delivered.

The parcel turned up a few days later with a manager, an explanation and an apology. But by this time i’d spent hours on their chat function.

Olly
    Free Member

without a doubt THE worst delivery drivers around here. they are a blaady liability.
    If i had any business shipping stuff i would be specifically taking my business elsewhere, but as i dont i cant vote with my feet, so ill have to be content with complaining on the internet.

db

In my experience the delivery notification can come well after the physical delivery so it might have been sat outside for some time and someone has taken it.

Certainly couriers signing in the box is common for me even my postie does it for special delivery items. However taking a picture with an open door is also often done.

As said above its the seller who has the contract with the deliver agent so once you have done basic checks push it back to them.

MarkyG82

We have issues with most of the delivery companies at the mo. Majority dump and ring with no attempt at checking for someone.
    Especially bad over the break when we kept having delivery notification but no package.

jimdubleyou

Had plenty of missed deliveries from all companies, but the only one I’ve had cause to complain about was the UPS driver that didn’t even get out of his van to knock on the door before he drove away to the depot with my new bike. That was ages ago though.

DPD are pretty good round here, even Hermes are good if it’s the usual guy.

jimw
    Free Member

DPD guy currently on our round is excellent, couldn’t be more helpful and friendly. The previous guy was neither.Having been very anti Hermes on this forum in the past, the new guy is great. So I guess like all companies it is down to the staff they employ.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Hermes have been great for me right up to last week when something went missing in transit. Didn’t make it to the delivery guy and it is a nightmare dealing with them to claim on the insurance. Booooo!
    DOD round here are also excellent though.

franksinatra

Ian our DPD driver is a great guy and super reliable. We had package due the other day that said tracked as being delivered but totally wrong surname, correct address. It didn’t occur to me that driver would be on the dodge. Turns out there was a genuine mix up with assignment numbers.

hoto on doorstep with door open is standard. I freaked my mum out a few weeks ago by calling her up and saying that I liked her red socks (She lives 300 miles away). I had sent her presents and tracking came back to me with photo of her feet in shot!

DPD are King of Couriers in my area,

fossy

Our DPD driver is great – phone delivered for me was picture of box on mat of porch – fortunately the inner door was shown as open as my son was in. Had an early morning delivery on Monday from Amazon, fortunately they had placed the item near the front door, but out of sight of the road.

You’ll be knackered if out working at present.

revs1972
    Free Member

So I guess like all companies it is down to the staff they employ.

Very much that. I have had good and bad experiences with most of the companies.
    Noticed that where we live now , with plenty of parking outside, the drivers actually have a bit more time to wait and make sure you are there, whereas where we were before, more often than not they had to stop in the middle of a busy road holding up traffic as there was no where to park, they just dropped and ran most of the time.

windyg
    Free Member

We are really lucky where i live it’s small town and all the local DPD, Hermes and Postie’s are all the local facebook group and respond on there if there are issues. DPD do the photo on the doorstep, nearly all the Amazon drivers a thumbs up is good enough.

bigblackshed

Dave my DPD guy is excellent. So is my newish Hermes guy. The new postie is now learning the intricacies of our street. Two new developments on the street all have the same numbers, so numbers 1 to 22 repeated three times, all with technically different addresses and postcodes, but all on the same street. She’s learning though.

OP wait and see what DPD do tomorrow, if nothing then it’s back to the seller, it’s their problem to sort out.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Always found them great. Yodel and MyHermes too so far as well.

The whole COVID/contactless we will sign on your behalf has obviously made it easier though for things to go missing.

Just be thankful it wasn’t XDP and a company you have a least half a chance of speaking to someone.

Phone number? Yep but premium rate.

Email? Apparently but don’t expect a response.
    Social Media? Nope.

Seriously if you ever get a notification something is being delivered by XDP expect to either not receive it or for it to be going back as it’s broke.
    Absolute shower of the smelly stuff and now the seller (a big company) have decided to be awkward too.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/xdp.co.uk

mattyfez

Doorstop theft must be a thing… I had a new mobile phone (£300) just left on my doorstep.

as it happened I caught a glimps of movement so went outside, and low an behold, the driver was jogging off to the van for the next delivery. So maybe I got lucky, the drivers have to do 40+ deliveries per day, so it’s almost understandable they are not going to wait 10 mins for me to put some pants on to get to the door.

Sign of the times, DPD i’ve found to be better than most, but YMMV.

dmck16
    Free Member

the drivers have to do 40+ deliveries per day

I reckon that would be underestimating the average courier workload by a rather large margin

(perhaps the exception being someone covering a very rural area with huge distances to travel).

ogri
    Free Member

The last time i enquired it was 80 to 90 drops daily.Hard work.

Poopscoop

I suspect it will still turn up op.👍

iancity1
    Free Member

40? 80-90? I had 2 packages delivered last week, one through Amazon one through UPS – they both arrived at the same time and was interesting hearing their chat (on my doorstep). UPS driver complaining he was near Christmas rates (180 per day), Amazon trumped him with “I’ve got 210 today must go”

scuttler

Jim’ll Paint It’s awesome ‘Amazon Optimus Prime’ just because…

https://jimllpaintit.tumblr.com/

caterinel
    Free Member

There are times when signatures are not taken. But I haven’t had such unpleasant situations

redstripe
    Free Member

Update, dpd customer service staff were actually very helpful and as others have said here I had to pursue with the eBay seller. Today I got refunded by them and now I guess it is down to them to sort out with dpd directly. So a quicker resolution than expected luckily, now to find the item somewhere else. Cheers

Bruce

Our DPD driver found we were out and called back later, I was astonished!

onehundredthidiot

Got the “your next” text. Looked on app and he’s on the road opposite and I’m working from the kitchen so can see him get back in van and drive past my drive. Get the “you were out” text with a picture taken from the main road of the side of the house.
    It’s my beer delivery. I’m raging.

TiRed

DPD are the only courier who actually DELIVER parcels to my son’s hall of residence in Ireland. Most others do not even try. DPD always call ahead and he comes down to meet them. Not had a missed delivery so far. Unlike others.

onehundredthidiot

The driver in my case got a call from the depot to retry the delivery.

He did and his excuse was he had put it in the wrong place on the van, so it was deeper in than it should have been. Still didn’t explain the drive past. But at least the beer was van cool so drinkable straight away.

Drac

Our DPD driver found we were out and called back later, I was astonished!

Ours did that the other week I thanked him for retrying, he told me they are expected to but I still said it was good of him regardless.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘DPD courier faked signature, no item…’ is closed to new replies.