Downloading music I already own…

Home Forum Chat Forum Downloading music I already own…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Downloading music I already own…
  • burnie

Why not buy an external/usb disk drive? It won’t cost much and it you will probably need one for something else at some point anyway.

Premier Icon gofasterstripes
    Subscriber

You’re not allowed to by law AFAIK.

Sucks, eh?

MrNutt

but I can legally rip music from my CD’s?

The law IS an arse.

chipsngravy

Spotify premium is the way forward and the easiest way round this.

Premier Icon irc
    Subscriber
    MrNutt

Nope, I will not use Spotify Premium because

A) the artists get **** all royalties

and

B) its not lossless

Illegal? Yes.

Would I do it without a second’s hesitation? Yes.

Actually, ripping music from CDs you own is a grey area – technically illegal, IIRC.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

iTunes Match but you need to CD drive to rip them.

MrNutt

Since my Macbook Pro doesn’t have a CD drive, and I can’t map it to the xbox (the only CD thing on the network) whats the deal with downloading music that I already own?

Am I going to end up in Guantanamo?

+1 for Amazon – any device I own (a long as you have the Amazon MP3 app/are signed in) has 2 tabs – one for Amazon Cloud that has every album I’ve bought – either play online or click to d/l to whichever device you are on. The other tab is for music you’ve already d/l’ed to your device.

How it should be, eh Apple?

Premier Icon euain
    Subscriber

It’s pretty much as it is on iTunes.. everything you’ve bought from them is available to stream. iTunes also scans your library and makes everything you’ve ripped yourself to stream.

Subscriber

Nice post above 🙂

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

How it should be, eh Apple?

That’s where Amazon got the idea from.

Shame that cartoon is out of date.

timc

gofasterstripes – Member
    Nice post above

Its out of date now, world changed

wobbliscott

You should be able to map your Macbook to your XBox. I’ve got mine mapped to a NAS drive plugged into my router and store my iTunes music there and have no problems streaming to my Macbook and managing music to all my devices.

iTunes match looks good on the face of it and I was tempted but, you have to pay an annual subscription, and it replaces your Apple Lossless stuff with 256 mb/s stuff (though you could make a copy of your apple lossless stuff in a different location – but that just gets complicated).

And content from iTunes and Amazon is not DRM locked. You can transfer iTunes stuff to a non-Apple device and vica Versa.

Subscriber

Oh. Cool 🙂

Just go to a mate’s and rip your cds?

CountZero

Just buy an external DVD drive for about £35, it what I use with my Mac Mini. I bought an end of line 2010 Mini, and had the optical drive removed and a second HDD installed, then bought a cheap external drive. Works perfectly, and you can unplug it when not needed. I won’t use Match for the reasons above, mine are ripped at 320Kb, which was optimum for me when my first PowerBook only had an 80Gb HDD, so I’ve stuck with it.
    I honestly can’t really tell those from lossless, but I’m not going to downgrade to 256Kb

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Downloading music I already own…’ is closed to new replies.