Downloading BBC news to my laptop to play on a plane – how?

Home Forum Chat Forum Downloading BBC news to my laptop to play on a plane – how?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Downloading BBC news to my laptop to play on a plane – how?
  • Premier Icon somouk
    Subscriber

The only option would probably be the iPlayer installed on your laptop and then if they allow it to be downloaded you could download and play it in there.

Premier Icon geoffj
    Subscriber

I’d like to get say BBC breakfast for that day

You SURE Susanna Reid is going to be presenting that day?
    😉

Premier Icon yoshimi
    Subscriber

geoffj………I’ve been rumbled!

somouk, thats what I though – iPlayer doesn’t seem to let me download recent news and as I’m not really a user of it I didn’t know if there was some other way / or I’m not doing it right

Premier Icon somouk
    Subscriber

Sounds like it is one of the programs they don’t allow you to download. Short of purchasing some recording equipment and recording it to file from a TV feed I’d stick to something like Top Gear to keep you busy 🙂

Premier Icon unklehomered
    Subscriber

So you want to find a way to #cough get iplayer #/cough?

whatnobeer

Get iPlayer Automator. Should let you download anything from iplayed, ITV Player or 4OD.

Premier Icon Flaperon
    Subscriber

http://www.livestation.com/en/bbc-news

Might be BBC World News (that god-awful domain of hotel TVs) but better than nothing. Don’t expect to get anything relevant to the UK though.

Premier Icon yoshimi
    Subscriber

Going on holiday soon and with a long flight I was planning on downloading a few things to watch. I’d like to get say BBC breakfast for that day………doesn’t seem possible, why? Is there any other way?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Downloading BBC news to my laptop to play on a plane – how?’ is closed to new replies.