• This topic has 37 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by johnx2.
Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Downing! Steet! Lectern!
  • Harry_the_Spider

I see that Rishi was using a new one, not the wonky Jenga™ tower affair that Thick Lizzi briefly had.

Is it like there being a subtly different Tardis every time Dr Who regenerates?

somafunk

Is it lower for tiny Rishie?

IHN

Rishi was, apparently, using an old one. It was Our Liz who decided that she wanted a New Lectern For A New Britain

Harry_the_Spider

Rishi was, apparently, using an old one

With the bottom 4″ cut off so he could see over the top of it.

the-muffin-man

I didn’t know he was that short until today – must be the half-mast trousers he always wears! 🙂

gobuchul
    Free Member

It’s interesting that it was only these Tories, starting with Cameron, that decided they needed a fancy lectern. Brown and Blair never bothered.

Harry_the_Spider

Is that to hide the fact that below the waist they are dressed like Frank N Furter?

grahamt1980

I’m surprised the lectern doesn’t have little union Jack flags attached

kayak23

I had a couple of lovely old solid oak ones given to me recently from a church group for me to chop up and use the wood.
    Thought it would be a shame so sold them on marketplace for 50 quid.

Shame Rishi didn’t forsee all this else he could have had them off me.

Caher

It’s a White House thing as they’re slowly becoming Presidents

ernielynch

I didn’t know he was that short

He’s short because he is of South Asian heritage. If you mention it again you are a racist.

Mind you he has huge ears and according an episode of “Goodness Gracious Me” that makes him African rather than Asian. Both his parents were born in Africa so I can see the logic.

ernielynch

ElShalimo

He’s short because he is of South Asian heritage. If you mention it again you are a racist.

Utter bollocks as usual ernie.

somafunk

Tiny Rishi….tiny Rishi…tiny Rishi…….tiny Rishi….tiny Rishi….tiny Rishi…..etc…etc….

finbar
    Free Member

Sod off, he’s 5’7″ – that’s the same as me 😀

desperatebicycle

I’ve never seen an adult man with such tiny shoulders

somafunk

To be fair I’m only 5ft 5″ 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I am not a racist but can we please keep these little people off this nice STW thread!

ernielynch

Utter bollocks as usual ernie.

Why do you think he is short then….. because he didn’t eat his greens to make himself grow up into a big strong man?

somafunk

I am not a racist but can we please keep these little people off this nice STW thread!

Ha, you can try but unless you place my keyboard out of reach on the shelf then i’m hanging around

savoyad

happy now @grahamt1980?
    lectern

Caher

Meat and beer makes big, ask the Scandinavians.

riklegge

Meat and beer makes big, ask the Scandinavians.

So you’re saying I should drink more and eat more burgers to get taller? That is a hypothesis I’m willing to pursue.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Can we all stop being megaracists for a moment and get back to the lectern. What they should do is have it on a kind of spring-loaded trapdoor like the silver lady on a Rolls Royce. Save them having to drag the bloody thing in and out every month. And also, if we’re swapping  PM’s once a month now why keep No 10 as a private residence? You’d barely finish painting over the previous git’s wallpaper before you’re out the door yourself. I suppose it needs to be a fully occupied home otherwise Larry couldn’t get in at night…

PM4PM Late November!

grahamt1980

@savoyad not bad, but i was more thinking of those crap little plastic ones similar to those they have on tables at eurovision.
    That effort actually looks like it took some work

theotherjonv

did Christopher Chope take that photo, if so he needs to get a bit closer and a bit lower.

Can’t even get that right……

Sandwich

To be fair I’m only 5ft 5″

You did start out at 6′ 1″ though!! 🙂

grahamt1980

I thought self abuse only made you go blind, not shrink

somafunk

You did start out at 6′ 1″ though!! 🙂

Nearly right, 5ft 9 ish, but loss of two vertebrae does tend to make a difference along with an 80degree bend in remaining spine, followed by spms and inability to stand upright. I admit it, I’m smaller than a tiny rishi funko pop vinyl toy 🙁

kayak23

reeksy

Stop this filth! Some of my best friends are short erm vertically challenged.

kayak23

Yeah, I’m the same height as him anyway 😂

creakingdoor
    Free Member

I hear Mattel are bringing out a life-size action figure.

BillMC

It amuses me because they’re uptight about being vertically challenged. KC is another one, claims he’s 5’10”, he must have had a quite a growth spurt since I stood near him, he’s a tiddler too.

ElShalimo

Kevin Costner?

verses

… and the sunshine band?

johnx2
    Free Member

…steamin and a rollin?

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.