Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Downhill riding near Dalkieth?
  • athgray
    Free Member

To those that know the area, I was driving past Tesco at Eskbank near Dalkieth today and saw someone cycling past fully kitted out in DH gear on a Kona Stinky. Are there any DH trails near here?

legend
    Free Member

Dunno about Dalkeith, but there are trails at Bonaly

househusband

There (kinda) is some stuff in the vicinity… there’s some dirt jump trails pretty darn close to Tesco, one steep-ish trail behind the football club off Dalhousie road and quite a few trails between that area and Roslin – but nothing that would warrant a Stinky and a stormtrooper costume.

(Are you ‘gray’ on TrailScotland..?)

plus-one

Yup awesome dowwhill(quite short though) gap jumps/bomb holes/raised sections etc.. Carberry

BoardinBob

He was probably heading to Glentress…

athgray
    Free Member

That is not me househusband.

stanfree
    Free Member

As house husband said there are some really good dirt jumps at Eskbank and some little runs behind the Sun Inn but the closest place is where plus one mentioned or out in the Penicuik Estate.

athgray
    Free Member

Is that what was John Clark’s Estate at the edge of Penicuik on the road to West Linton stanfree?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Penicuik Estate has some bloody well built jumps kicking around. Well designed as they have included a qualifier which means that any muppets such as me are put off instantly from attempting a run down them.

grey

(Are you ‘gray’ on TrailScotland..?)

That is not me househusband.

No i’m Grey from Trailscotland(waves arms about) 😀

stanfree
    Free Member

HouseHusband are you the ‘Househusband’ that frequents the Jimmy Somerville forums. ?

athgray
    Free Member

Hello everyone. This is wierd,like being dropped straight into Total Recall!

gamo
    Free Member

He is just a local lad who rides around wearing all his Monster gear on his Stinky!

househusband

HouseHusband are you the ‘Househusband’ that frequents the Jimmy Somerville forums. ?

Not me. So you clicked on that link on the Marc Almond semen swallowing forum that your bf told you about?

chriswilk
    Free Member

Where are the bits in penicuik estate? The big jumps in the woods just by the main road are pretty derelict now, and not seen anything else really. I’m very local to there and looking for bits for the kids to practice on.

stanfree
    Free Member

Not me. So you clicked on that link on the Marc Almond semen swallowing forum that your bf told you about?

Quality reply Mr S 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Downhill riding near Dalkieth?’ is closed to new replies.