Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Down Tube Protection
  • Premier Icon doomanic
    Free Member

I bought some Zefal DT Armor (their spelling…) for my Kenevo SL but at 70mm wide it doesn’t wrap around the down tube so doesn’t offer as much protection as I’d like. Short of buying another pack, is there anything similar out there I could use instead?

The DT Armor is 1.8mm thick self-adhesive rubber.

The bike is already Invisiframed but my mate’s KSL took a rock strike at BMCC and the Invisiframe didn’t offer as much protection as we’d like.

Premier Icon pickle
    Free Member

Invisiframe kit?

Dyedbro?

Premier Icon dyna-ti
    Free Member

Length of self adhesive neoprene ?.

Premier Icon jamesoz

Sheet of kydex, hot airgun and some self adhesive tape. Job jobbed.
    Or section of old tyre cable tied on.

Premier Icon didnthurt

My Scalpel came fitted with one of these (well the Scalpel specific one). They’re much thicker than invisiframe type acrylic.

https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/cannondale-down-tube-protector-for-jekyll-alloy-2018-p333241

These look decent, cheap too.

You might be able to find a specific one for your bike of you look about. Maybe contact the manufacturer.

Premier Icon jamesoz

Premier Icon bigfoot
    Free Member

would have thought rockgaurdz do one for your bike. got one on both my bikes, the Rallon is onto it’s second one, the first lasted 3 years and had a lot of big hits going by the state of it(lakes riding) but the frame was perfect behind it.

Premier Icon singlespeedstu

Rockguardz here on the Kenevo.
    The one on Mrsstus bike has taken a fair bashing as she’s not very good at hopping over root drops/rocks/ logs.

Premier Icon doomanic
    Free Member

The Rockguardz looks like the winner. Thanks all for your input, even those who didn’t read the OP properly… 🤣

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.