Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Double sided sticky stuff ?
  • iainc

I have a plastic brake hose guide that keeps coming unstuck from the fork leg. It was originally on with a small double sided sticky patch, and I’ve tried double sided tape, but that comes off after a ride or 2 or wash down. Any better solutions ? The plastic guide has a smooth base, contoured to the fork leg and is about 20mm x 10 mm.

dyna-ti

roughing up surfaces will always give a better fixing than smooth.

Art store double sided is usually more sticky than B&Q or diy stuff. But spendy usually, but probably better.

Ignore the foam stuff. Thats just for the most part cheap and nasty.

Failing that, what about the type of guides that zip tie on ?.

dc1988

GoPro mounts would come with 3M adhesive patches that were about 1mm thick, they were almost like rubber. They would stick to anything, don’t know what they’re called though.

oldnick

Servo tape from a RC model shop is usually pretty good.

Failing that 3M VHB which is the red stuff that tends to be used for Go-Pro helmet mounts and the like.

iainc

Thanks, will try get some of that GoPro stuff

coatesy
    Free Member

Go to Halfords (or similar), and buy pads for interior mirrors, they seem to work far better than anything else i’ve tried (currently holding cup hooks to the van interior so I can hang clothes up, and coping well).

nedrapier

I bought a roll of this after a recommendation on here. bloody strong stuff. bit of fine grit sandpaper/wet and dry, clean with isopropyl alcohol, dry, warm, bit of pressure, and it won’t be going anywhere for a while.

tthew

I think I have a couple of spares in my van that were used for sticking the dash cam mount to the windscreen. If you PM me I’ll look and pop one in the post for you.

BearBack
    Free Member

tape
    This stuff works well. Even on rubber chainstay protectors as long as the area is clean and free of contaminants.
    Clean, dry, warm and let it “set” for 24hrs before stressing it.

iainc

tthew

I think I have a couple of spares in my van that were used for sticking the dash cam mount to the windscreen. If you PM me I’ll look and pop one in the post for you.

Very kind, thank you. Found some on Amazon for a fiver so ordered anyway.

Klunk
    Free Member

what you want is wig tape, as it’s “waterproof” no one wants there rug falling off when their head gets sweaty.

zerocool

Superglue or a zip tie if you don’t want a roll of that very nice 3M tape

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Double sided sticky stuff ?’ is closed to new replies.