Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Double garage door prices?
  • prettygreenparrot

What sort of price range should I expect for a metal up and over canopy type 3.9m wide, 1.9m tall garage door including installation?

our old one is all bent and annoying to open and close.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Get a roller instead will be so much nicer to use

cookeaa

I dread to think, our house came with a lovely pair of leccy driven roller shutter type doors, they are great… But I foresee someone’s wife driveing straight into one eventually, then we get to find out how much they cost…

reluctantjumper

My parents are currently getting quotes for a similar size door – 4.1mx2m – and with a new frame it’s roughly around the £1500 mark upwards for a basic one.

patagonian
    Free Member

I think we were quoted £1700 for a standard canopy type and £2250 for a Hoffman – both with remote control.
    Went for the Hoffman which is one of the best things we have done with the house. It’s insulated and sealed around the edges. Makes the garage a much nicer place to be in the winter.

Dickyboy

Paid £2k for a double hormann roller about 5yrs ago, as above sealed, insulated & no need to move cars away from door when it opens

wobbliscott
    Free Member

two benefits in going for roller or sectional – doesn’t take up any space in front when opening and closing and the frame is internal behind the garaged appetite, instead of inside it which gives you a good 3 or 4 inches of width. Doesn’t sound alot but is.

A manual roller door can be as cheap as £500 or even less. Mate of mine recently got an electric roller door for just under a grand I think but I wasn’t impressed with it…nothin as such wrong with it but just didn’t feel quality. I’ve got a decent electric sectional one that cost about £1400 for a single but has a RAL coloured door and tip top quality.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Double garage door prices?’ is closed to new replies.