• This topic has 15 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Double chain devices
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

I know of the blackspire stinger and superstar copy, anything else to consider around the price point?

MussEd
    Free Member

If you know the stinger that’s all you need to know…get one!

sprocker
    Free Member

got a stinger in either icsg or bb mount you can have for a tenner

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

+1 for Stinger. Unless you have a RF crank.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

i have a RF crank – whats the issue?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

sprocker isg05?

sprocker
    Free Member

no sorry old style.

mamadirt
    Free Member

eThirteen Heim?

I will have a new one up for grabs tomorrow from a Kona Stinky TL – ISCG 05 – no bashguard. £25 posted.

mama DOT dirt AT ntlworld DOT com

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Search forum for stinger issues, RF mount the granny so far inboard the bolts foul on the device plate. Not just me, someone posted this week about his Atlas not working with a stinger (in my reply history).

JonEdwards
    Free Member

stingers are fine (especially if you fit a better roller) unless you have a low BB and/or ride somewhere rocky at which point they bend very, very easily when clouted. Sadly they’re about all that will fit on an Uzzi so I’m stuck with it.

DRS is better performing/tougher, but you can buy an awful lot of Stingers for the same price.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Given you’re supposed to mount the roller at about 7-8 oclock, meaning the stinger sits higher than the bash guard you’ve presumably fitted, you have to be pretty unlucky to clout the stinger with something that didn’t get stopped by the bash?

crotchrocket
    Free Member

they’re about all that will fit on an Uzzi so I’m stuck with it.

not twatted mine yet, but just had a quick look & see your point. Also, mine was super tight to fit behind the cranks, I had to file the tops off a couple of countersunk bolts to make everything clear each other.

What setting do you run the dropouts at?

Given you’re supposed to mount the roller at about 7-8 oclock, meaning the stinger sits higher than the bash guard you’ve presumably fitted, you have to be pretty unlucky to clout the stinger with something that didn’t get stopped by the bash?

the arm that holds the roller is about an inch to the right of the bash guard & I did **** mine on the last bike I had a stinger on – that was bb mounted tho, so it simply rotated a little until the chain was pushing on the swing arm. with a ISCG type I guess it’ll bend rather than move in the slots. as a precaution I tightened mine up in the most anticlockwise position it would fit. it’s only a few degrees, but it ‘might’ stop it bending :/

rob-jackson
    Free Member

so given i have a race face deus crank – what chain device will work?

moniex
    Free Member

My husband has a race face crank on his Cotic with a bb mount stinger and it works lovely. Mind you the young chap at the bike shop fitted it and I seem to remember something about needing some special spacers/washers from race face to make it work. I think he gave us the spares so could check. Has been working flawless and quietly ever since.

lee93
    Free Member

I’ve just got some rf atlas am double crank in red with black bash! I was wanting to use the bb mount stinger my lbs says this will work? Think I might just let them do the fitting so if it does not work they cant say it’s my falt!

jedi

i got stinger and atlas cranks and its fine

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Double chain devices’ is closed to new replies.