Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Dorset Steam Fair
  • RichPenny
    Free Member

Never been before, despite living quite close. Any good? Much to amuse a combination of a 2 year old and a 75 year old?

martymac

i would imagine so, havent been to that one, but i went to one somewhere near ringwood in hampshire in 1981, thoroughly enjoyed it.
    i was only 12 at the time, but would still go to one now if i got the chance.

hh45
    Free Member

Its massively popular and more so every year so i would think they will all enjoy it but its alot of walking / standing so a folding seat may help the 75 year old.

martymac

double post

project
    Free Member

large pieces of cast iron,steel and moving smoke billowing machines,driven/fed by people with a real intrest in what theyre doing.

Fantasic day out.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

I’ve been the once, and never again… This event is more a get together for the travelling community. Hence the big influx of travellers in the local area.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

This is a good one…

http://www.huntonsteamgathering.co.uk/

Unfortunately for the OP It’s nowhere near Dorset.

Swelper
    Free Member

Went about 20 yrs ago, was fantastic. Been to few steam rallies and find as chipsngravy says, and full of fairground rides/burger vans. Not my thing.

The smaller rallies are better IMO

Pigface
    Free Member

It’s 4 miles away and I have been warned that it can get a bit bumpy due to “visitors”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Dorset Steam Fair’ is closed to new replies.