Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • donut lad content (again) – logbook never arrived after buying a car
  • sadexpunk

boy 2 bought a car around 8 months or so ago. old owner sent his bit off as my lad is registered owner now (dont ask how we know this 🙄) but the boy never received the logbook. ok, no problem youre thinking….. just send the green ‘new owner’ slip off and you should be sorted. but….this is my lad we’re talking about and youve guessed it, cant find his green slip.

a quick google suggests he needs to fill in a V62 with vehicle details which can probably be found on the chassis. is this correct? and send off £25 as an ‘i’m-a-donut’ fee?

or is there another route he needs to take as i suppose the logbook never arriving wasnt actually his fault?

thanks

vdubber67
    Free Member

I think the V62 is the only route you can go for tbh. I’ve had to do it for a couple of projects I’ve bought

RustyNissanPrairie

I bought a car 6 months ago and the V5 never turned up – I think due to DVLA chaos, did the green slip and get it a few days later.

supernova

Bought a car from a dealer a couple of months ago, V5c never arrived.

Sent off the green slip and self printed V62 form a few weeks ago, got the V5c a few days later, followed the next day by a returned V62 and a demand for £25 before they’d send me a V5c.

sadexpunk

Cheers. And if he hasn’t got his green slip? Can he still get his logbook by filling out the V62 and paying £25?

Thanks.

patagonian
    Free Member

Bought a car from a main dealer, V5 never turned up. Rang them to ask what was going on and he admitted they never had the logbook for that car. Only option is the V62.
    8 weeks later I’m still waiting…..

supernova

Yes, I think you only need to pay the £25 if you don’t have the green slip.

garage-dweller

I had to do this in 2020 in the middle of the DVLA meltdown, albeit with the green slip.

It was slow then and will likely be slower without the slip as they write to the last keeper to give them a chance to object iirc.

patagonian
    Free Member

It was slow then and will likely be slower without the slip as they write to the last keeper to give them a chance to object iirc.

My understanding is that if the dealer has placed the car “in trade” then its a straight forward process but if not then you are correct in that they write to the previous owner who has 14 days to respond.
    Fortunately my car is “in trade” according to the DVLA.

maccruiskeen

as they write to the last keeper to give them a chance to object iirc.

By the sounds of it…

my lad is registered owner now (dont ask how we know this 🙄)

…. the DVLA know who the new owner is as I presume they’ve had cause to make contact due to some sort of infraction- and have contacted the OP’s son rather than the vendor. But despite clearly being ‘in the system’ they either haven’t completed the process of sending the physical document out (big delays in processing due to a mix of pandemic and industrial action) or they have but its been lost in the post.

It just means theres a bit more of a form to fill out than if you had the new keepers slip still but there’s no reason for (additional) delay on the DVLA’s side because their own records will confirm what’s being requested – they obviously already have the notification from the previous owner detailing the change of ownership on file.

timba
    Free Member

Contact DVLA and explain first? DVLA contact details and scroll down to When to contact DVLA
    He’ll have needed the new keeper slip to tax the car, which will at least prove to DVLA that he didn’t have the full V5c at that time

spooky_b329

Contact DVLA and explain first? DVLA contact details and scroll down to When to contact DVLA

Very hard to get hold of the DVLA, however if donut boy is a key worker you can normally get a call back within 48 hours via the critical worker section.

If you get through, obviously don’t mention that you don’t have the green slip, you are just chasing the full V5. Does any of the other paper work have the by number copied into it? If you get a vehicle check done some of them want it entering…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Do it at a post office. I did this with my current project car – really easy process to complete and bizarrely, the log book arrived back in less than a week…

£25 well spent vs navigating through the hell of the DVLA switchboard to eventually get to a dead end and be cut off.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.