Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 278 total)
  • Don't you wish you lived up north
  • ton

up north is full of blokes just like me………….imagine that. 😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

(*which i genuinely believe to be the best city in the world**)

(**it's just not for me)

See you, right? You're all right you are. X 😀

stumpynya12
    Free Member

This going to turn into another north/south debate I fear….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Bunnyhop

Cheap houses 0 not in Cheshire.
    Cheshire by definition is a mini downsouth oop North.

Bunnyhop

DP – whoops

chewkw
    Free Member

You can always boost up our unemployment rate if that is what you want?

😆

igm

ton – Member
    up north is full of blokes just like me………….imagine that.

Nah – I'm pretty sure there's only one of you – at least I hope so 😉

IHN

Cheshire by definition is a mini downsouth oop North

Oi, careful! I'm from Cheshire, and I ain't no Northern Southern Pansy.

Mind you, I did find living in Cheltenham like a home from home 🙂

AlasdairMc

stumpynya12 – Member
    … and there's a big lass giving me the eye.

One thing I've noticed about central London is that there are far fewer fat people than in Edinburgh or Glasgow. I love Scotland, but I'm beginning to really like London when I'm there, and not just for the talent.

MrSmith
    Free Member

as there are plenty of northerners on this thread can you tell me why a lot of the middle aged men insist on wearing the same clothes as teenagers?
    i have been working with a few from 'oop-there' this last week and they all seem to have an account at a tanning shop, wear jeans with pockets and buckles in strange places and wear tight t-shirts even though they have a paunch (t-shirts with large meaningless logo's).
    one of them even had a chain wallet.
    lots of spikey hair gel too.
    these are middle management types but they look like their teenage children chose their clothes.
    are they all like that up there?

stumpynya12
    Free Member

4 pints in and she no longer looks fat ? more kind of voluptuous. Might just have to put the laptop away as shes waving a condom at me.

ton

yes

MrSmith
    Free Member

One thing I've noticed about central London is that there are far fewer fat people than in Edinburgh or Glasgow.

people are definitely shorter and fatter once you get outside london and not just if you travel north.

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

cheap houses and easy women aren't confined to the North you know. Just shit areas, of which there are more of up north.

As for the riding up there, its as barren and featureless as your women IME…

chewkw
    Free Member

MrSmith – Member

as there are plenty of northerners on this thread can you tell me why a lot of the middle aged men insist on wearing the same clothes as teenagers?

Most might just expand side ways but nobody is old in the north.

😆

wors

One thing I've noticed about central London is that there are far fewer fat people than in Edinburgh or Glasgow. I love Scotland, but I'm beginning to really like London when I'm there, and not just for the talent.

thats because people can't afford to eat in London!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Now I'm not one for debating or even arguing on these threads but I'm fairly certain that a debate involves two sides. Some loudly spoken drunkards* consoling each other does not constitute a debate.

*apologies if this particular term does not apply to any of you but stereotypes are hard to shift.

scuttler

I was recently asked to relocate down South or to be made redundant. It took me all of about 6 nanoseconds to make my mind up. I'll be starting a new job working from home here in Yorkshire in September.

Having said that I've ridden Swinley and Surrey Hills and whilst I wouldn't want it all the time it is very different and a pile of fun. One of the benefits of travelling for a job is I do get to take my bike when it suits.

jahwomble
    Free Member

Depending on the month and what work one or other of us is doing, we either live in London or Bramhall, we quite like both for differing reasons.

singlecrack
    Free Member

up north
    naaaah keep it…
    …. South West is where its at 😉

stumpynya12
    Free Member

last post for tonight…I'm being taken back to her place for coffee and then she says she's going to get rough with me ? Eee its great up north and just perfect for us single speeders 8)

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Up North? What like Oxford or Reading? Nah, it's freezing up there! 😛

boxelder

One of the best things about being Southern is that if I really wanted to live up north, I could!

Hello again.

You city sofisticates are correct – the north is rubbish. Come for a week in july (when it rains) and spend lots of cash, then head south again.

p.s. Cheshire is very much not in the north (of England, let alone Britain)

MrSmith
    Free Member

thats because people can't afford to eat in London!

it's o.k. we have morrisons down here now.
    you should have waitrose up there?
    so hopefully the gap is narrowing.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

and the chick's are easy too

Really? Where? Can you introduce me? 😉

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

I think we've been borrowing your weather all day. Do you want it back for the weekend?

jahwomble
    Free Member

There's a sign at Watford gap services that says " Last salad for 800 miles"

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I don't like it down south. & more to the point, I don't like southerners up here cos you 'tawk fanny'. So, for this excercise why don't we just agree to this, you lot don't darken our doors & we won't grace you with our presence.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

and then she says she's going to get rough with me ?

She's going to glass you then get her brothers to drive you out up on't moors and leave you there battered, buggered, bruised and bleeding?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So, for this excercise why don't we just agree to this, you lot don't darken our doors & we won't grace you with our presence.

Or…

We simply cut off your benefits, subsidies and food parcels, let you starve to death and then have the North to enjoy without loads of insular parochial miserable bastards making it even more grim and miserable for everyone else? 😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

We simply cut off your benefits, subsidies and food parcels, let you starve to death and then have the North to enjoy without loads of insular parochial miserable bastards making it even more grim and miserable for everyone else? 'We', what, you in charge or something?
    I'm not on benefits & personally don't know anyone who is. (Oh, except my riding pal who is, but he's just bought a rather nice house in Stokesley for 375K which is probly a bit nicer than the shed you'd get for the same price daarn there) 'food parcels'??? I'm 2 stone overweight, why the f*ck would I want a food parcel??
    Did a Lake District loop of 25 miles today, fresh air, big hills, sunny, no wind, (apart from me being Johnny Fartpants after me curry last night) & more importantly…No miseraboo fackin savverners! 🙂

ton

😆 much

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hook.

Line.

Sinker….

😉

As my Welsh friend says; 'Im British, and I'll go where the fk I like, regardless of what anyone says'.

Spot on. People come from different places. Deal with it.

samuri
    Free Member

Nah, it's just turned into another thread where people attempt to justify why they prefer living in the south.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Nah, it's just turned into another thread where people attempt to justify why they prefer living in the south.

Because it's better.

THREAD CLOSED.

Everyone go to bed now please.

elaineanne
    Free Member

good morning…wakey wakey…. a little dull up north today 😥

simonralli2
    Free Member

Dumfries is sunny! 8)

jonb
    Free Member

For me there is no North/South debate. It's unfair to drag most of the south down with London, when the debate is really London vs. anywhere else.

yoshimi

There is no debate, everywhere in the UK is great, apart from Liverpool!

IanMunro
    Free Member

last post for tonight…I'm being taken back to her place for coffee and then she says she's going to get rough with me ? Eee its great up north

She's going to get rough and take you up north?
    Can you walk today?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 278 total)

The topic ‘Don't you wish you lived up north’ is closed to new replies.