Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Don't suppose anyone on here has used CAS Coatings for powder coating a frame?
  • tmb467
    Free Member

Any ‘reviews’ or horror stories?

Seems too cheap to be true – 50quid for candy coated frame when Triple S are charging 150

sturmey
    Free Member

Most recent was a guy at work bed his own bed and had it coated by them but have had gates and railings done in the past always pretty good and seems to last better than some other companies we have used. You could always try peaties at Rawdon for comparison. I would recommend masking threads yourself so as not to leaving anything to chance but thats just a personal thing.

slownsteady
    Free Member

Not heard what CAS coatings is like but LSN coatings in Castleford charge about 40 a frame and that includes masking of the threads too so the 50 sounds right. A couple of lads I know have had about 5 frames done in total at LSN, all of good quality too. My dad uses them too for getting motorbike bits done etc. There on the t’internet with pics of their work.

nealglover
    Free Member

CAS coatings are great. Not used them for a frame, but Had loads of Alloy Wheels blasted and coated there over the years. And the quality of the finish is perfect every time.

They charge £72 for a set of 4 18″ Alloys blasted and powder coated.

Some places charge £90+ per wheel !

tmb467
    Free Member

Right – local, tick. Cheap, tick. Decent review , tick

Ill let you know 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Always used Triple-S but as you say, CAS are dirt cheap. Never heard much feedback about frames getting done but they’ve got a really good rep locally for doing car wheels cheap and well. Going to take mine there to get done when I figure out what to do with my car whilst its got no wheels on!

Mugboo

I’ve used TripleS for a frame and CAS for wheels. It was £80 for the frame in met black and £103 for 4 17″ wheels in graphite with a silver fleck.

Triple S defo mask stuff off. Not sure about CAS but the finish is the same.

If I was having another frame done I’d go to CAS.

tmb467
    Free Member

Cheers Mugboo

Triple S have gone up to 105 + vat for metallic. 120 + vat for candy.

Ill give CAS a go and even if its not masked properly (they do know what they’re doing) its not difficult / expensive to fix up. ATC or Crosstrax or Barry Firth can clean out threads cheaply – spending a ton extra on coating doesn’t appeal to me!

Mugboo

Yep, take it to Barry, he’s a good lad 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Don't suppose anyone on here has used CAS Coatings for powder coating a frame?’ is closed to new replies.