Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Don’t sign up for YouTube Premium!
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

It is too darn useable.
    I use YouTube a lot for Guitar related stuff as well as general entertainment.
    THhe lack of adverts plus the ability to have music playing in the background is great. Its like YouTube used to be before they decided to make money.
    I am halfway through a free trial month and I feel I will end up keeping it going.

Drac

I don’t intend to.

nickjb
    Free Member

Yeah. I had a 3 month trial. It was great to be able to flick between videos without having to sit through an ad first. A much nicer experience, but not enough to be worth paying for IMO

Rubber_Buccaneer

This is exactly why I switched from Spotify to YouTube Music. Same music but watching YouTube videos is so much nicer without ads

b230ftw
    Free Member

I pay for it now and have it on all the time. I also use YouTube music, the only music app I have (tried Spotify etc but never stuck with it) used for a while.
    I watch more YouTube stuff than Netflix or Sky TV and I would be loathed to stop getting the premium device now. There’s so much good stuff on there.

tthew

It’s a shame YouTube music and premium have different subscriptions. I pay for the music one, I’m not doubling it for premium too!

Rubber_Buccaneer

I pay for the music one, I’m not doubling it for premium too!

Is it not all in one? When I selected YouTube from a choice of extras with my Vodafone contract I got the whole shebang, video and music.

andybrad

i pay for premium and get music for free on a family plan

kayak23

I’ve had YouTube premium for ages now.
    YouTube without ads is sublime.
    I use the music app daily too at work and it’s great, except that I don’t really seem to get too much stuff I’ve not heard.

somafunk

Had YouTube premium for a couple of years, adverts really annoy me so I feel its a fair price for the hours of content I watch every week. Don’t use YouTube music at all though as I primarily use Tidal>Roon and Apple Music.

barkm
    Free Member

I paid for Spotify family for years, but switched to YouTube family premium last year, similar price but much better value. I use YouTube music daily, youtube vids are first place i go if i need to learn or research anything, and can download for offline viewing, no ads, and being able to switch screen off and listen is helpful too.

Paid a one off fee for an online service to migrate Spotify playlists to YouTube.

convert

Anyone use youtube music premium with sonos (android house, so no airplay)?

Could not justify both youtube and spotify premium but I’d happily consider a swap. It would mean giving up podcasts for a better youtube video experience, which appeals. I think.

shuhockey
    Free Member

I use Youtube music with Sonos, you just need to remove the Spotify serivce and add Youtube Music as the default. Works fine.

Superficial
    Free Member

Occasionally I get logged out of Youtube and I discover how awful the ads are. Nowadays it’s easily the thing I watch the most so on those grounds it somewhat justifies the cost vs, say, Netflix.

I get Youtube Music included with the Youtube Premium. It’s not as good as Apple Music* in terms of device compatibility, song lyrics and playlist choices but it seems to have everything I’d want to hear.

I use YouTube a lot for Guitar related stuff

Yep, same. Also cars/motorsport stuff is good and there’s increasingly plenty of sport being played on there too.

*I haven’t used Spotify properly to compare.

it’s about 10x cheaper if you register using an Indian email address and use a VPN which is what several of my work colleagues do

You only need a VPN when you sign up…

tthew

It’s a shame YouTube music and premium have different subscriptions. I pay for the music one, I’m not doubling it for premium too!

I get Youtube Music included with the Youtube Premium.

Hmm, I’ll have to investigate. I’ve been on Music since before Premium was a thing. Disappointing they apparently didn’t explain I could move over for the full experience with a single charge.

FuzzyWuzzy

I wish there was a capped version of YouTube Premium, e.g. you can watch a couple of gig of stuff a month or something. I only watch the odd thing on YouTube (mostly via my smart TV so ad blocking isn’t an option) but the ads are just ridiculous to the point it’s almost unwatchable. And no chance I’m paying £12 a month to watch the little content I do

molgrips
    Free Member

Its like YouTube used to be before they decided to make money.

You make it sound like that’s a bad thing. Someone’s got to pay for all those servers.

transporter13
    Free Member

6 person household here and pay £17.99 a month for the family premium thing that does both music and video ad free.
    No other app/s get used anywhere near as much so I’d consider it good value

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Don’t sign up for YouTube Premium!’ is closed to new replies.