• This topic has 50 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Don't normally like road bikes…
  • shermer75
    Free Member

Just looked up Pinarello Dogma framesets, they are usually £4000 and your friend’s cost £400 which is a little concerning. And for all the Pinarello haters, doesn’t Wiggo ride a Dogma?

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Yes Sherma but it’s ‘wiggos’ job to ride one, he’d probably ride an Apollo if he got paid more!

They’re probably still mint tho, dunno about that dogyma tho

c_klein87

they all come from “open moulds” and there are about 20/30 companies who all sell very similar frames. literally hundred to choose from but still need to air on the side of caution…

http://chris-noble-mtb.blogspot.com/

will
    Free Member

I can forgive buying a carbon ebay frame (I bought some wheels, wont do that again though)

But I really can’t forgive the millions of spacers and MTB angle stem 😉

zippykona

Excuse my ignorance I thought Dogma was a cheap Chinese brand.

flossie
    Free Member

If you can buy one of these for £400, just think of the profit Pinnarello make just by sticking their name on it!

orangeboy
    Free Member

Look just as ugly on the outside as a genuine one but are they the same on the inside ?
    Or even weigh the same

But 400 still looks like a proper bargain

bryan-g-

I know a couple of boys that have dodgy Dogmas and they are far from light. But that’s probably the glass GRP joints.

I_Ache
    Free Member

And for all the Pinarello haters, doesn’t Wiggo ride a Dogma?

I couldn’t give two shits what he rode, if it’s ugly its ugly.

tarquin
    Free Member

I would prefer to buy from a manufacturer or lbs than from someone on eBay.

While I realise they are more than likely the same product, you only have the eBay sellers word to go off. I’d like a little more than that if I’m going to do 80kmh down a twisty hill on one.

As for it costing the industry millions, didn’t the record companies claim the same thing when people started copying CDs and downloading from the Internet… Millions if those people would have paid the outrageous prices for the bikes/frames/clothes in the first place.

mboy
    Free Member

I know a couple of boys that have dodgy Dogmas and they are far from light. But that’s probably the glass GRP joints.

To be fair, there’s good fakes and bad fakes out there. We sell Pinarellos in our shop, and a few of our customers have got fakes, a couple of them look nothing like one but a couple are actually pretty close and you can only tell the differences when you get up very close.

It’s the same deal with buying the cheap Chinese XML lights though. 90% of them are very poor quality and give a useless beam and/or the battery burns out when charging. But 10% of them are really rather good, and almost match anything you can buy in the UK at a much higher price. The thing is though you don’t know whether its any good or not until it arrives, or you take the advice off a stranger on the Internet… So it’s a total lottery almost!

And as for the Chinese frames costing Pinarello loads in lost revenue? Think of them more like an MR2 with a bodykif compared to a real Ferrari. Such a vastly different price point that there’s no comparison. The guys who buy the fakes would never buy the real thing unless they won the lottery, they couldn’t justify the cost to themselves! And the guys who buy the real thing would never consider a fake for even a moment, even though chances are it could be nearly the same frame, if they have the means to afford the real thing they would never risk it.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Don't normally like road bikes…’ is closed to new replies.