Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Don’t make budgeting decisions at 2am in the morning.
  • Poopscoop

So I get a Halifax card for its 28 month 0% Apr balance transfers.

Transfer the balance over from one card via the app, all very fast and easy. Job done.

Then decide to tx the balance for the second card over, again, very fast an efficient.

Check today and second balance has gone over fine… except I transferred the balance over from a card that was all paid off last year. So now that credit card company owe me £900 and I still need to pay off the card I actually intended to pay off.

What an absolute grade A ****ing tit.

Next time I’ll do this sort of stuff when I’m actually awake.

Poopscoop

Invisibump. I thought this was sorted?

stumpy01

Whoops!!

BigJohn

Better to do it at 2am in the afternoon then.

theotherjonv

The card you’re in credit with will refund you, they have to – I’ve made a calc error before when paying off a balance and closing a card (not by £900 though)

I’d assume that would go back in reverse to the Halifax CC you paid the £900 from as opposed to direct to you, otherwise it’s a loophole to liquidity, so if you can transfer the £900 you still owe to the other card then the two will nett off. You’ll get the transfer fee on both still, although if you can speak to a human at Halifax they might be kind and refund one.

A call to Halifax and give them a laugh will probably be able to reverse the original mistake too.

Unless this is either

a/ an elaborate scam for washing dirty money and losing £27 each time (assume 3% transfer fee at a guess)

b/ an elaborate construct to avoid the filter and this is really discussing the the situation in Mr Nutt’s allotment.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Don’t make budgeting decisions at 2am in the morning.’ is closed to new replies.