Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Don't forget…
  • FoxyChick
    Free Member

…to alter your clocks tonight!!

Forward or back? Not sure!
    But you need to do something with them!! 8)

Pook

Spring: forward, Fall*: back.

*autumn.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Spring forward, fall back. In yank lingo.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

….as stated by Pook. But don't do it before 2 am

twang
    Free Member

so what time does the grand prix start then, in present time? Does my head in

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No idea twang. Does my head in too……I reckon they should scrap it. Getting up at 2am to change all the clocks is a real pain. Sometimes I just stay up and don't bother going to bed until it's all done 😐

iDave
    Free Member

5am if you forget to change clocks, 6am if you remember

bananaworld
    Free Member

"Fall Foward" & "Spring Back" also roll off the tongue rather well, just to confuzzle everyone a little bit more… 😉

Russell96

I'm not sure if it's going to happen, Gordon Brown mentioned it in a speech, do I dare trust a politician.

molgrips
    Free Member

Getting up at 2am to change all the clocks is a real pain

This is a joke surely?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

This is a joke surely?

Eh ? 😕

Well I didn't find it very "funny" when I was freezing me nuts off in the pitch black when I was trying to do the clock in my car.

The whole nonsense should be scrapped. But apparently they are too scared of upsetting farmers who whinge about it still being dark at 5 in the morning or whatever time it is that they get up. Well why don't they just plough their **** fields an hour or two later, or earlier, or whatever it is they need to do ……. it's not exactly **** "rocket science". Id-di-ots.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

it's not exactly **** "rocket science". Id-di-ots.

Unlike the correct sequence for officially changing the clocks. Allegedley.

Er, ever thought of just doing before you go to bed. Or after you've got up next day? Oh, you were being ironic. Sorry.

GrandWazooo
    Free Member

"Fall" isn't yank lingo. "Autumn" is a word we made up – Fall predates Autumn, so the yanks stuck with the older word they went over there with and we dropped it in favo(u)r of the shiny new one.

trailmonkey

fall back. In yank lingo

I think you'll find that the word fall was commonly used in this context in Tudor England.

Autumn" is a word we made up

The word autumn comes from the Old French word autompne (automne in modern French), and was later normalized to the original Latin word autumnus. {according to Wiki}

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

"Fall" isn't yank lingo.

So what word do the Yanks use then ?

Although pointing out that I should have said "fall back. In yank or Elizabethan English lingo" is a fair comment.

trailmonkey

no need to get snippy just because someone has taken the effort to educate you.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I've just had to google "snippy" trailmonkey – never heard it before.

Is it also Elizabethan English ? ……my Shakespeare is pisspoor – I can't deny that.

trailmonkey

ernie, it's from Marlowe's Dr Faustus, Act 3 Wagner solo to the audience :

Drawn by the strength of yoky dragons' necks
    He is right snippy on a hangover

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I forgot but it don't matter on sunday

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Don't forget…’ is closed to new replies.