Don't criticise tuesday treats or the man will delete you!

Home Forum Chat Forum Don't criticise tuesday treats or the man will delete you!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Don't criticise tuesday treats or the man will delete you!
  • Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

1…

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber
    Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Dear singletrack

The stuff you’re giving away for free isn’t up to the standards I demand! I want something better

Nope…. Can’t see why they’ve an issue

Did you used to have the same problem with birthday presents from your parents if they weren’t deemed acceptable?

Premier Icon MSP
    Subscriber

I’ll scweam and I’ll scweam and I’ll scweam until I make myself thick!

Premier Icon juanking
    Subscriber
    Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Lol… sometimes, your opinion is not worth voicing. Or to put it like my wise Mother in Law, “If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all”.

mrlebowski

Not even time to put the kettle on I reckon..

Premier Icon Mark
    Subscriber

No need to XXXX out my name really.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

You’ve bought me a pony?!!! I wanted a unicorn!!!!

FeeFoo

If that’s the true sequence of events, it’s amazing that they’d want to lose a customer that easily.
    Maybe we haven’t seen all the emails?

patriotpro

SPICY! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Premier Icon flange
    Subscriber

They totally owned you on the subscriber bit didn’t they

You: I subscribed, it cost me LOADS
    Them: Er, no – you were bought it as a gift

Premier Icon leffeboy
    Subscriber

Classified only user in throwing hissy fit shocka

ohnohesback

They can get a bit touchy…

Rmember these two facts: The customer is always right; and it takes a long time to build a reputation, but only a short time to lose it.

patriotpro

The refund of remaining subs is a nice gesture but why have you suspended the account Mark?

Premier Icon flange
    Subscriber

Rmember these two facts: The customer is always right; and it takes a long time to build a reputation, but only a short time to lose it.

Bollocks! I actually admire them more for saying a big F-off and giving him his money back. If he’s going to be a ****t about things then I think they’re taking the right stance.

Premier Icon Mark
    Subscriber

Part of his sub was Premier. That needs to be stopped too.

Gunz

You’re both right, have a fight to sort it out.
    Do we get a prize if we’re the last one I have no useful contribution to make down?

soobalias

er sorry, lamer is a shite word.
    see ya later classifieds only loser.

Gunz

It changed automatically, cool.

soobalias

*feeling a bit inadequate without my ‘P’

ohnohesback

Settle this like men: To the common at dawn!

FeeFoo

If they can afford to lose customers that easily they must be rolling in it!

Kuco

I thought the past few prizes have been alright. This months isn’t my cup of tea so I haven’t bothered entering but i’m sure someone will be more than happy to win it.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

The customer is always right

He isn’t a customer (sub was a gift), and he is wrong. Correct response from STW IMO

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

STW gives away free stuff on Tuesdays? I’ll seek that out, cheers for the PSA.

Premier Icon Wookster
    Subscriber

I wouldn’t slate the prize to be fair, if you don’t rate it don’t enter, but why slag it off on the fourm?

Im not sure that banning people and chucking their money back at them is a good way to deal with it either though??

EDIT

I judge their comments posted on our site to be rude and unfair. The response we received above just convinced me that it’s for the best if both parties go their own ways.

Actually fair enough.

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

I’ve always tended to take the view that comments in the ‘editorial’ side of the site need to be self moderated much more than those in the forum.

To use a pub analogy, you *might* get away with slagging off the landlord’s wife sat at your table but it’s probably best to avoid doing it at the bar where the landlord can hear you.

Premier Icon Mark
    Subscriber

This thread will likely get closed at some point as it’s pretty negative all round. But I didn’t want anyone thinking we’d got anything to hide here. I stand by the decision. Knowing how much work goes in to these competition stories, both on our side at Singletrack and on the part of the LBS involved each week I reserve the right to choose who we do custom with where I judge their comments posted on our site to be rude and unfair. The response we received above just convinced me that it’s for the best if both parties go their own ways.

spchantler

right response, this is also the real world, not just teh internetz, play nicely please

Premier Icon Wally
    Subscriber

It’s free and a bit of fun, what’s not to like?
    For most STW is very free – infact many make money from it an contribute very little IMO.

Pigface

Is this setting a precedent, say something the owners/bosses don’t like and get shown down the road? Slippery slope IMO

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

say something the owners/bosses don’t like and get shown down the road

it’s always been like that here.

plenty of short and long term bannings of people who’ve broken whatever rules the owners choose to apply?

CountZero

Mark, you missed out the bit that says, โ€œ…and don’t let the door hit you on the ass on the way out!โ€ ๐Ÿ˜†

uselesshippy

I knew there was a reason I never bought the magazine. ๐Ÿ˜€

Toasty

Totally agree with the STW side on this one. You got told off, do you NEED the last word OP? Grow up.

Personally like the regular little prizes ๐Ÿ™‚ Can’t say I want this one, entered the previous one for the wheels though.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Is this setting a precedent, say something the owners/bosses don’t like and get shown down the road? Slippery slope IMO

if a pub offers free beer, and someone, who’s mate bought him a drink, starts shouting round and outside the pub how ‘lame’ the free beer is, how long will the landlord/owner/resident grumpy put up with it?

glupton1976

I haven’t often agreed with Mark in the past but I think he’s bang on in this case. Good work.

maxtorque

If the OP had just emailed STW with the opinion that the “prizes” were, he thought, “getting a bit lame” then fair enough. But to leave a completely negative personal opinion on the front page comments of the article was a bit silly, IMO ๐Ÿ˜‰

Have a quiet word/discussion by all means, but moan in the comments, nah, i don’t think so. I’m with STW on this one……..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Don't criticise tuesday treats or the man will delete you!’ is closed to new replies.